My brother and I.
There's just us two. I can't say we were ever that close when we were little because we fought like cats and dogs over anything and everything but I guess it must've meant something because I'd like to think now that we're older that we're a tad closer than before.
We must be. I cried when he left to live in Auz. I miss seeing him when I go home and on the rare occasion we talk on the phone we talk like human beings lol.
My brother and I.
You might remember the time when I found out about his impending child and my reaction. It wasn't great and I'm STILL having issues coming to terms with it but trying to find a way to cope that isn't screaming and crying and sulking.
You might also remember the fact that I was a bit 'iffy' about his girlfriend (and mother of child). There was just something I couldn't put my finger on. An unease. I didn't instantly warm to her but guessed she'd grow on me, feasibly considering we'd barely met for longer than a day and most of the time in group situations. I've spent the time since 'the announcement' trying not to feed any resentment toward her for being pregnant. I've really tried to practice behaving in the way that is welcoming etc as this lady is going to be part of our family regardless now that a child is involved.
Then I spoke to my parents last night....
They'd just got off the phone to my brother who was in a right state and THAT woman was the cause. Grrrr made me sooooo MAD!!!! So the story goes that they decided to move back here in November and were looking at buying a property. He planned for this and found a job to come home to which paid a reasonable rate by our standards but clearly not by hers. She decided that this x dollar an hour amount wouldn't be enough to support her, baby and mortgage (ungrateful tart). So then she wanted move home and him to travel back and foward for work until the baby comes then be transferred to another state and work week on and week off. Let me just point out that 'travelling' is 1 hr internal flight (NZ) 8 hrs International 2 hrs internal (Aus) = 11 hours and 3 flights. AND while he's there he does 10 days 10 hours 1 day off and repeat for a month. I just KNOW that given this drama when baby is born him being away every second week will surely ensue the same hoo-ha that is happening now. She will never be happy. Wait until she's raising that baby on her own because he's away working to support HER.
Granted I'm only getting a recount from the olds so don't know the full story but she did have the audacity to not only call my brother a 'spoilt brat' but repeat this to my father when he called her (pretending to not nothing of the drama). That did not go down with Dad and you might as well have said he was a bad parent!! She also claims he's like having a child already and needs to grow up and she has to do everything for him blah blah blah.
Not ashamed to say it got my heckles up and I will bite my tongue and not be involved because its not my business. Let it be said however I'm protective of my brother and gosh help her if she ever decides to share her penny's worth with me.
Phew! So much bad energy sorry. Hopefully its all pregnancy hormones and she'll come right....what do you guys think?
Onto other things - school started back today. Meh. Didn't know how I was going to survive the term then heard today my op for my knee has been approved so I might only have to work half the term!! Lol who gets excited about being crippled for weeks? Me. I really need a new job.
Not much else exciting to tell here. Less than two weeks until our councelling appt yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment