Sunday, 23 September 2012

Weathering the Storm

I'm such a bloody girl sometimes!!! Gawd seriously. Girls overthink things ALL the time and read into all situations more than they should. Boys say whats on their mind and move on. Or sometimes don't say what's on their mind but move on. Boys say what's on their mind and MOVE on!! They're not stewing about it 5 days later. Well not normally.
Girls and boys will have a conversation and the girl will then start overthinking ALL of it. They'll see the world in a totally different way and become all jumpy and edgey and TEARY!!

I'm such a girl.

This week to say the least has been hard. Monday I could barely function at work and rarely a smile passed my lips. People noticed because in my current workplace I'm the one who tries hard to hold a sunny disposition due to all the depressing people that work here. So Monday I was not conversational nor happy and they noticed. After the inspirational talk Monday evening I felt a lot better armed with ammunition to make my man see my point of view.

Last night we were in bed snuggled up as you do. The Fella was giving me stick about wasting money on books (I bought my first kindle books for a whole $13!!) and how I should way more than the 'x' dollar amount I have saved. I pointed out I have 'x' elsewhere and he said you also have that money I need to pay you out....
Well...naturally being a girl I took it the wrong way shoved him away and rolled over. Little prick! At first he couldn't figure me out then started laughing because he's a boy and he didn't mean it like I took it (naturally). So then started a conversation where I tell him I've been literally packing my undies all week (again he laughed at me for being stupid). That I've cried every day this week wondering what the hell I was going to do (more laughing).

The above was written Thursday last week....I've only just now got back to it!

Please to report things ok in this neck of the woods for the time being. The conversation last week ended with more laughter on his part and him reminding me that he'd told me on Saturday that everything would be ok. Obviously I remember him saying that but I didn't really believe him because I thought he was feeling bad for making me cry. We haven't discussed our options any further as yet but its ok with him softly softly is needed. I'm just thankful that for the time being we're back on an even keel.

I would like for him to have the biopsy because at least then we know for sure either way and if its a good result then life would be peachy. If not a good result all we've lost is some money but will have a clearer picture. The biopsy costs $1000 but only if they don't find anything because if they do then it becomes part of the treatment.

If he doesn't go with that then its a loooong wait and I'm not sure how on earth I will survive it. How will I survive it?

There's the trip to Europe planned and my 30th birthday and the knee op so there's those to distract me for the time being.

Hmmm I think that's about it for now I need to finish cooking dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment