As per normal I should be working and whatever instead of blogging so I will make this short and sharp.
1 more week till our review appointment. The appointment where they tell us all the 'great' news I'm sure. I'm not dreading it just dreading the what comes next parts.
That is: the ridiculous long wait that we will now have before any more progress. I just know it. I stupidly did some reading online and wish I hadn't. Clearly I was living in lala land there for a bit because I 'stupidly' thought that getting a donor would be a lot simpler than it appears to be. I thought they'd have some sort of bank somewhere or a list of people interested and hey ho off we'd go choose our jar and off we went.
Ah no. Apparently there's a waiting list. Why the hell didn't I think of that one? Doh!! There's a waiting list for just about everything else in this damn health system so of course the list of people wanting donors is larger than the actual donor list.
To be honest it crushed me. I truly thought that in the new year I'd be rocking in for my IUI and off I go again. Naive.
No it will be AT LEAST 6mths if not longer. Shorter if we can find our own donor but I'm not so sure if I can handle 'knowing' the person with whom's DNA we use. I think if the clinic specifically advertises on our behalf and finds someone the wait is shorter. Anywho guess next week will tell.
So that's that in a nutshell. Its been a good eyeopener and I decided that I'm just going to get on with living until otherwise informed.
Hope everyone else is doing well out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment