Sunday, 9 September 2012

Lil Miss Impatience

Its been a bit of gruelling week when it comes to babies and pregnancy announcements.

Let's sum up.

One of the mums in my class had her third child. An ex workmate had her second. A dear friend had her second.

1 very dear friend shared her news of pregnancy. This was a very welcome announcement as she has been trying to get pregnant for YEARS like twice as long if not longer than I. And her last pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I didn't really love it though when she said in her email 'it will happen for you...just relax'. Yes she said those words. Someone who has been trying for as long as she said those words. But the difference between her and I is that she has not sought treatment just kept trying and hoping and living. They have a son already who is about 16 now so I think her theory of late was if it happens it happens. Luckily for me those words were like water off a ducks back because this time I had a come back. I told her straight out that no amount of relaxing was going help us....we have no sperm.

Anywho...to continue the summing up. Last but not least I have spent much of my weekend catching up with another friend who is 38wks and ready to pop. Like HUGE. We spent a lot of time making fun of how large she is and all the uncomfortable things that come with that lol. She's one that has faced severe endo but got UTD easily. Then discovered upon pregnancy that she has one ovary fully stuffed and a uterus that is shaped wrong for implatation yet still managed to get one in there lol. Ever the optimistic she said she can't wait for the day when I'm in her position and she can laugh at me and I told her I can't wait either!

I'm probably repeating myself but really the whole having no control over things right now SUCKS!!
I find it very difficult to get excited about the whole thing because frankly thinking about it exhausts me. There's so much to consider. To think about. To stew about. Hopefully after Friday I'll be feeling a little less frantic and have more of an idea of where we're heading. I just want it all now!

As always I have to appreciate the kind of guy I have in my life. I'm a little bit one eyed at the moment and haven't really stopped to consider it properly because I'm so lucky to have the Fella who is supporting the likely next step we have to make. Last night he was a little tispy and whispering sweet nothings to me (a rare occurence from my hard core 'mans' man). I will treasure those things he says because he doesn't often say them but it also reminded me that regardless of our struggles with this ttc crap we are ok. Despite the lack of a ring and a marriage certificate he is as committed as he'll ever be.
I love him with all my heart and no matter what he'll always be my one.


Lol enough gushy stuff for now. Will post again after Friday I'm off to make a list of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment