Thursday, 29 December 2011

Where's My Motivation Gone?

If anyone out there could tell me where my motivation has gone I'd appreciate a heads up. There may even be a reward on offer for the safe return of said motivation.

I look around and see lots of little jobs that I could be doing but then (like just now) I find an hour to waste on the net. The net is an evil time waster people.

Maybe its the weather? They are (don't ask me who 'they' are lol) forecasting some wicked rain from now till at least Sunday. Maybe that's what's shitting on my buzz. Right now its windy and overcast but not cold nor wet. Its just not one of those days that motivates a person is all.

And I'm tired. I had a drink or three with the girls and didn't get home till 1am. Maybe that's where my motivation went. I think I'll have to have a nap soon :0

Before I went away and just after I finished work I was commenting to the Fella that I felt so tired and just couldn't help but nap in the afternoons. He jokingly told me that if I wanted to sleep all the time I was probably depressed, at least I think he was joking! I don't think I am anywho.

Yesterday I hurt my knee again. I was walking down a bank in the garden, stupid idea that I've done over and over in the past few weeks and everytime hoped I wouldn't fall, my knee just shot out sideways with a big click and then BAM pain. I had to sit down on the lawn and hang five cos I felt like passing out. I was intending to mow the lawn but hobbled inside to ice it instead. Thankfully it is now ok. I didn't run on it this morning (uh oh I haven't run since xmas eve!) but that was mostly because I felt like my mouth was full of cotton wool lol, the knee was a convenient excuse!

Anyway enough rabbiting on about motivation from me. There is a load of washing that needs hanging out and lunch to be made. Then I think I'll curl up with my book and have a sneak nap. I'm reading the story of Dan.ny D.unn by Bry.ce Courtena.y - great read and totally recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. Motivated to read and nap! What's wrong with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect type of motivation while you are on holidays..what better way to spend your time then napping or reading?! But I totally get it..the weather has a big influence on my motivation levels too!

    ReplyDelete