Monday, 12 December 2011

Hold onto Hope

Have I mentioned how I kinda like my doctor alot? Today she proved once again that she is worth waiting for.

Finally I got to see her today after having to postpone my appt last time due to her running behind and my having to return to work. I'm glad I risked a whole cycle with no oestrogen to see her.

The appt itself wasn't anything to write home about. I asked her for the script which she gave to me, although she did point out that they generally tend not to use oestrogen as a treatment with people who have a family history of breast cancer because of its relationship to it. That worried me a bit and I'll be asking on Wednesday when I speak to Felicity. The doctor asked how my coversation with the Fella went and was pleased he agreed to get tested. She told me again that until he gets tested that there won't be any further investigation on me. I'm ok with that but I told her that once he was tested I was ready to up the anti and get moving on this whole thing. I've given Felicity nearly a year and it hasn't worked. The doc commended that I was trying it which made me feel good.

Anyway it was what she said at the end of the appt that made the difference. She said "Don't give up hope".

It was the boost I needed. Then I was lurking through blogs and for the first time I looked at Stress Free Infertility. I read some success stories and the message those ladies put out there was the same thing. "Don't give up hope".

Anyone who's been in this game for any length of time will understand how hope begins to dwindle with each failed cycle. Every time AF turns up another piece of hope breaks away. I would definately say that after 2yrs the slivers of hope I have had have started to dwindle to very little. In fact you know its not good when you are only mildly upset at the arrival of AF because you hadn't really considered that she wouldn't show in the first place.

But....today I think I have had my hope restored. I have renewed hope it will happen. I don't have hope that it will happen soon but I have hope it will happen.

Have hope. Dreams can come true.

1 comment:

  1. Your doctor sounds great, and she is right..don't give up hope. I'm glad to hear you are taking this on board. xx

    ReplyDelete