Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Impregnation Night

CD 16
CD15= ov

Impregnation. Its the fondly used term of endearment that my beloved uses often. Its his quirky way of thinking about baby making. I'm ok with that. What ever gets him through I say!

I've been thinking about this blog post since well ahem more like during the episode. It was just one of those things that needs to be blogged about.

On Sunday (Cd14) we managed what my man would call 'some impregnation' so that was great. I hoped like crazy that like the month before my egg would pop then but of course it didn't.

Yesterday (Cd15) I got the usual ovulation pains in the afternoon. Yay only 24hrs after 'the deed' not bad. Still I felt it only fair we give ourselves a good shot at this but was a bit wary of calling on the Fella as I knew he'd be tuckered out from a big day at work. Anyway I arrive home and I'm greeted by a red-as-a-tomato man who'd been in the sun all day. Impregnation was the last thing on that guys mind. However, I dove in despite my trepidations and mentioned that I had popped an egg. Cue the exhausted moan lol. I said I wasn't putting any pressure on but just putting it out there and only because last time he told me just to say. He asked how long he had..I told him roughly 24hrs at the most. I left it that.

Fast forward to bed time. We both went to bed at the same time. I figured given his headache that the night was a bust and we'd just have to rely on the day before. Anywho we lie there for a bit discussing this and that. Then he starts making noises about impregnation and the like. I won't go into all the details because its boring but honestly we were both giggling like little teenagers. Eventually I just made the move.
(I'd love to say that it ends there and you know the rest but I can't).
My poor fella. My poor tired fella. He tried his best. I tried MY best. I tried every trick in the book to get the engines going. There was even a pep talk to said engines from their driver!! I'll give it to him he put in alot of effort given his levels of energy but unfortunately it just didn't fire. Thankfully we have a good relationship in that respect and he just laughed and said we'd try again in the morning.
Was I disappointed? Sure but also I totally understood how he was feeling. I just hope that I didn't pressure him too much by saying there was no pressure lol!

Anyway so this morning was meant to be it. But obviously the universe is against me. My alarm clock malfunctioned over night and instead of waking up at 5am for work (and you know what) I woke up at 5.30 which was when he was supposed to be driving out the gate! Needless to say......

So yeah impregnation night didn't really go to plan.

1 comment:

  1. Day before is still pretty damn good! :-). Big thumbs up for the boy giving it a good shot too. I am so happy for you!! :-D Lets hope the super sperms were there and waiting for the egg! Xxx

    ReplyDelete