Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Back to the Real World

So I'm back from my holiday :)

What a whirlwind trip. Totally dreaded returning to work today especially since I found out on my way home that I had 2 new students start yesterday and one was apparently a handful. Just what a girl wants to hear. Anyway I survived my first day back no problems. We're now just preparing for an overnight camp, in tents, with 40 odd 5-7yr olds. Who thought that was a clever idea? I will never learn!!!!!

Have tried my very best to catch up on all the blogs - you go girls with your posting!!! Think I'm pretty much caught up now...well I got the jeist of things anyways.

Arrived home just in time for hump week to begin. Nothing like a lil trip away right at the end of AF to spice up 'the' week lol. Had a BT today for oestrogen levels. Not sure how well that will go seeing as I ran out of cream last week, got a new script sent away without me seeing it and it was wrong so now i have to visit the doctor on Monday to get it done right which will mean 2 wks off the cream. Bad timing there. Oh well. On better news have just had a logistical discussion with the Fella about testing. Asked him if he wanted to go down the motel route (ie stay overnight test in the morning and home) or day trip (go down and back in a day...means using the hospital toilet) and he decided that the motel was a good option. That means one Friday night we'll go down stay and do the test the next morning. BUT the dumb thing is the next 3 wks aren't so good! Well this week we could but its prime hump time and I don't want to waste it but then again the test is for the greater good...what should I do?
I guess we'll sort something out. Its not long till the holidays when I'll be free any day.

So moving on.

The trip.
Adelaide is beautiful!!! I love it. It was so awesome catching up with my girls. We arrived at the airport met up with our other friend. We had no hotel for that night so rocked up to the info desk and got a night at the Stamford Grand for super cheap. Oh the luxury of it all. I might sound a bit simple but I've never stayed at place where they have people who take your bags up to your room on those little trolley's you see on movies. We shopped of course then ate fish and chips by the beach while sneakily drinking our duty free vodka lol. The next day we went on a wine tour. We hadn't really thought much about it when we booked it so ended up on the wrong kind of tour for our um demographic lol. Only 2 wineries on the tour (:() and lots of history. It was ok but probably more for the mature audience lol. Although one exciting/freaking scarey thing was when I went into the toilets (and yes to all my Auz readers I know I sound VERY like a Kiwi tourist right now) at one of the wineries (the toilets being in a block outside) I go in, do my biz, wash up, and suddenly become aware of a noise so look up and OMG there was a frickin snake trying to climb the wall!!!!!! I naturally took the calm approach and squealed rather loudly...freaked for like a second about how to get out and then RAN FOR MY LIFE!!!!! I know I'm a dick. BUT when I told them in the winery about it they did look rather freaked and then even MORE freaked when I mentioned it was brown. Yep that's right I crossed paths with a brown snake. Forgive me for freaking but hello NZ has nothing remotely as deadly as that. We can dance in the grass barefoot any time of the year and the worst we'll encounter is a honey bee. Seriously.

So that was an experience.

The wedding we went to was amazing. Very sophisticated and elegant. We had fun. She looked lovely. The hotel we were at was right across from a massive mall so we spent time there. My lovely personal shoppers, my friends, managed to make me spend up a fortune in one store in particular. Felt naughty but I had saved up for it. Went clubbing after the wedding....another whole story there.

So yep will leave it there. Don't wanna make ya'll read a novel cos thats not what you came for. I'll fill in the gaps later.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful holiday!! Scary about the brown snake! I live here and I would probably have a similar reaction so don't feel silly! I am not a fan of snakes and luckily haven't had too many close encounters. Can't wait to hear more about the holiday and the clubbing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this and out loud I expressed "Hu, apparently New Zealand doesn't have snakes." Mu husband looked up from the couch and said straight face "We should move there."

    He has a teensy fear of snakes... Lol

    Glad you otherwise had such a great vacation! It sounds so lovely :)

    Congratulations on getting your Fella to agree to get tested, that is a huge step for you guys! My thought is to get that test done ASAP, even if it messes up this Hump Week. Not only will it give you some much-needed answers for what you have ahead of you two, but the longer you put off the testing the more time the Fella has to over-think and back out of it. Also, it sounds like you were off your cream so this Hump Week may be a bust regardless. Do the test! Just my two cents...

    :)

    ReplyDelete