Friday, 19 April 2013

The Week that Was

So DI/IUI number two is complete.

And I've coped swimmingly. The Fella has coped swimmingly. In fact its all going so well I'm not sure if its a good thing or not.

I survived a WHOLE week, in fact 6 days straight of driving ridiculous km's to get a measly blood test done every day. I survived and I didn't freak out or get stressed out about it at all not even once. It has been TOTALLY different to the last time. Hopefully that's a good thing.

Yesterday saw me head off to the city to get my bloods done then hang around the shopping mall waiting to see if I had surged so I could head on to the big smoke for the treatment in the afternoon.

And I did surge not as high as they hoped but a follow up test to confirm today was all good.

So off I went to the big smoke. And again it was all totally different. For one I wasn't beside myself freaked out so yeah that made a difference. The nurse was really bubbly and chatty. And even that whole thing was different. She explained what had happened with all my hormones. Checked off all the numbers and away we went.

The scienctist dude (can't remember what they're called) said that they were great spermies so that was bonus number one. Then she said that it was the easiest IUI she'd done so that was bonus number two. I cramped a bit as she went in and afterwards but then nadda. Last time I cramped to buggery for ages and then days. I've had nothing since bar the cramps I get at ovulation which happened this afternoon so....I hope that's a good thing.

So yep that's where we are at. Another blood test next Friday to confirm ovulation then THE test the Wednesday after.

I'm not going to get my hopes all up about this like last time. I'm chilled out and have lots of things to keep me busy.

So here's to another TWW.

1 comment:

  1. Sounding great so far! Fly by TWW, fly by! I think second time helps as you kinda know whats going on, so the stress levels are way down. I have everything crossed for you, sending out positive vibes, all that good bollox. Get in there and stick around babycrazykiwibaby!

    ReplyDelete