Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Baby Talk

Just been comparing 6dpo last cycle to how I feel 5dpo (today) this time.

No farting. Well no more tooting than what I deem normal for me.
No cramping. Well nothing that makes me sit up and think about it anyway. And what I am feeling likely relates to the previous that being farting.

No dizzy spells - although think that came later.

I feel nothing although I am trying to decide if my nipples are sensitive or not lol. Overanalyse much?

Anyway enough about stupid not pregnant symptoms.

Today I spent the day catering for an event (yes I know I hear you say...aren't you a teacher? how come you're always catering?). A couple of girls from our netball team came to help. One has 2 children the other has three, one being a baby. I help look after the baby at trainings and games while the mum plays.

Anyway naturally the discussion about babies came up. 'You need to have a baby' was what they told me (and its not the first time). I just smiled, laughed and carried on with what I was doing, made a joke. You know that kind of thing. Then they went on to discuss their fertility and how good it is and how one wanted more and the other confessed she thought maybe she was utd although on the pill and not trying.
Now none of this bothered me because it was just conversation amongst ladies of a similar age. But I did want to scream out that right then and there I could also be pregnant. That for 3.5 years I have tried and tried and tried. And that we can't get pregnant without help. That I have to use another man to help us. That for some people its not easy. That I should have a child who is at least 2 years fricking old.

Phew. But no I smiled, laughed and made a joke because these ladies don't need to know my business. I don't want that hanging over me when I finally get the glory of announcing I'm pregnant. I want to share that in my own time.

I guess I'm still in that phase of the tww where anything is possible. Had it been at another time when perhaps my period had come then I might be a different story mightn't I.

Then there's another friend and I organising a catch with a few of the neighbours when she comes to visit. Its going to involve gin. Thankfully I think we managed to loosely agree on a Friday after my blood test so I will know for sure and could actually enjoy myself.

And its now only 2 wks exactly until I fly away.

And that overwhelms me a little.

I can't believe I get to see the world....a little.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone in the overanalyzemuch category. Believe me. You definitely sound like you are in a great headspace at the moment. Bring on some announcement glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that everything is going well and the 2WW hasn't been too frustrating.

    ReplyDelete