Thankfully we've had some good rain this week. Its game changing especially since the weather has been warm too meaning that with the moisture the grass will start to grow a little...hopefully.
Anywho its rained on and off today so I've been inside. I've had the fire going because it was still going from last night and threw a piece of wood on this morning and an hour later it burst into life. Obviously was fate lol.
As promised I've cleaned. Albeit reluctantly. I turned on the telly. BAD move cos then I found every reason to sit down and watch it rather than do what I was meant to be doing. Jobs that would normally take an hour or so took me AGES. Although didn't help that I got up at 9.30am after lying in bed following my sleep in, reading my book and generally enjoying waking up of my own accord.
So I turned on the TV and started watching The Best Most Exotic Marigold Hotel or whatever its called. It was quite a fetching movie so I kept coming back to sit and watch instead of cleaning. And I'll be honest I was putting some of it off.
Last week a mouse got trapped in one of the cupboards. Eww I know gross huh. I didn't really realise it was trapped as such until Friday morning when I opened the cupboard to wood shavings where it'd obviously tried to eat its way out of the cupboard. Earlier in the week I found a nibbled bicuit (it was our biscuit cupboard) and figured the wretched thing had snuck in there. Clearly it was trapped because then I kept finding nibbled packets of little chippies and biscuit packets etc. And other stuff too. So Friday I put the blooming trap in the cupboard but because it was at a similar height to my eyes I was too afraid to open and check the cupboard lol. And then yesterday morning I could heard fossicking in there so as I left for netball I imployed the Fella to PLEASE check the cupboard and the trap. Which he must've (he's away so I haven't asked him in person) because the trap is now back in its usual place trying to trap the pesky beggers by the stove.
So long story short a) Until that mouse was caught I was NOT even daring to pull everything out of that cupboard and b) once it was caught I put off cleaning the cupboard for as long as I could because I just couldn't be BOTHERED with it.
Anyway I did get off my lazy butt and sort it out eventually. Turns out it wasn't too bad and actually had a silver lining in the fact that ALL my 'pantry' cupboards got a sort out and a mountain of opened unused, and expired food got chucked. I kid you not food from 2010 was in that cupboard.
I know I'm awful. But now its sorted right down to containers for things that were open and the like. Quite proud of myself.
Now I find myself with a bit of spare time and avoiding school related work which actually HAS to be done so I'd best get on with it at some point of the afternoon.
Ask me go on...how have I spent my time avoiding school stuff???? No prizes for guessing 'googling' exercises to avoid in early pregnancy which then moved into reading other pregnancy related things.
I know I'm terrible.
But alas the week coming up is busy and before I leave you I will outline it:
Monday / Tuesday - catering (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea) for a mini-conference for our netball club. Circuit Monday night.
Wednesday - school and a meeting.
Thursday - possibly school.
Friday-Monday - visiting my parents and meeting my nephew. Blood test Friday for progesterone levels
Tuesday - school
Wednesday - Blood test for pregnancy and school.
Thursday / Friday - conference away.
See its rather busy. It will hopefully stop me from googling any more stupid pregnancy websites.
No comments:
Post a Comment