Positives for this week:
Monday - a road trip with my love (and his friend) to pick up some stuff they'd respectively purchased online. One item was 4 hours away in a beautiful seaside town so because we arrived there by lunchtime we stopped by a lovely pub to eat the most delicious seafood out. It was a really chillaxed and fun day.
Tuesday / Wednesday - An overnight trip to the city with one of my besties. I arrived to discover she and the rest of our circle had all put in to shout me dinner, movies and a mani/pedi. And we also shopped. Like hammered my credit card. It was so nice to catch up with my friend, just her and I without her children demanding her time. She so needed the break too which was nice.
I also got a haircut which was well overdue.
Thursday - I worked but that's ok. I also went to the gym. Information about the training days for adoption and foster care also arrived. We just need to make a decision about meeting with someone for the information session first I think. However I'm pretty sure we're going forward with it.
Friday (today) - I got some things done around the house and garden. Best of all the sun came out in the afternoon.
All week the sun has shone and shone and shone. It's been warm and a lovely autumn.
I'm still working through the feelings about the arrival of the nephews baby. I had my cry the night I found out but the feelings of loss are still lingering around a bit. Especially when the photos started popping up on Facebook. Then the Fella said maybe we should go see them and I shot him a look that he instantly recognised! I know that is very selfish of me and I feel awful but god right now I can't go there. I just can't face it. I'd rather wait till the fuss has died down and life has gone on a bit. I don't want to have conversations about sleeping, nappies, feeding and how their life revolves around that special little darling they have.
Anywho tomorrow is another day xx
No comments:
Post a Comment