Sunday, 10 April 2016

Sweating the small stuff?

Today's happy points: I went for a run, the first since October. It hurt but felt good. I worked out more  when I got home too so have well and truly given my body a wake it. I started on Paige's garden and transplanted what was in the garden elsewhere so I can start on the new plants. My mood is generally settled.

There is one thing that is causing me a little bit of an internal battle though and I'm not sure if I really should be letting it bother me.
So here is some background. We live in the country, in a small, close knit community. Our house is close to the road and we have no fence alongside one of our lawns, just a bank making the road at one level and the garden/lawn at a lower level. Our neighbours aren't too far away (about 1km) and one of them I have been friends with when I first moved here on my own 12years ago. So I've known her for a while. She's got two children and I've looked after them umpteen times at short notice when she's not been able to get someone else. I've done all manner of things for her but that's cool because that's what people do for each other. We both run on pretty busy schedules and will often catch up on the side of the road as she's driving home or to work and I'm in the garden, rather than over coffee or whatever.

Fast forward to the past month. That is since we found out we'd lose our precious baby etc. I haven't heard boo from her. Her own husband rang a couple days after our scan and offered his condolences so I thought that maybe I might hear from her at some point. Turns out she saw DH in town a couple days after that is was none the wiser because her husband hadn't told her. So that's fine but still I didn't hear from her. That didn't bother me so much because no body literally knows how to react when someone they know goes through something like this, unless you've been there. If the shoe was on the other foot I don't know what I would do.
Then we get to today. I was out mowing the lawn and she happened to drive by so she stopped to chat. And you know what? She carried on like normal, like I'd never been pregnant, never had a baby nothing. She was her usual chatty self and didn't even ask how I was doing. Now don't get me wrong because I don't expect a big scene or tears or a what have you but this is a friend I've had for YEARS and she didn't even give any kind of acknowledgement.

I dunno am I being a bit stupid about this? Maybe I'm being petty about it and it's not that bigger deal. I am trying to let it go and I will let it go as I promised myself I wasn't going to get caught up in stupid stuff and I was going to look at the brighter side of life. I guess now I just have a deeper insight into her and how she ticks and will file that away for later. I suppose it just hurts a little is all. Luckily I have had so much other support from other friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment