Today is day three since egg collections and I feel miles better. I woke up pretty much pain free and went to work for most of the day although after lunch I did start to notice my tummy was getting sore so called it quits to come home and rest (luckily its a crap day).
If things had been different I might've been going back to wellington for transfer. Oh how I wish that was the case. Anyway we won't dwell.
The good news is while I was work I was debriefing the whole thing with my friend/new boss (its amazing how on how great she is to talk to) and we got talking about the eventual transfer. I was talking about the blood tests I'd need to have for about 5 days straight and how I could do them in town since they didn't need to be same day results this time and how it'd just mean that I'd arrive at school right on the bell. She then pointed out that on Monday's they have a nurse situated in the wee place where I am now working (I was working in place A which was in the main town of our area...be that a very small town, now I work in place B which is even smaller...more a village and 20mins AWAY from place A where the GP is) all day who can take bloods. AND that they're looking at doing it Thursday's too. So that's two days of the week where I won't need to do a mission to get to work. THEN she went on to add that on Tuesdays the midwifes hold a clinic up there too and can take blood. So that leaves 2 working days only where I need to do a mission and hurry to work. WHAT A RELIEF people.
Honestly I can't tell you how much that weighed on my mind. It fully sucks that I am at the mercy of the fact I live rurally and have to travel extreme distances to get basic fertility things done. If I lived in a slightly bigger area I could get bloods and even scans done before anyone even noticed I wasn't at work yet.
Naturally I'll have to check this all out but I've got time for that and hopefully the midwives won't mind doing my bloods for me on a Tuesday.
Now fingers crossed those embryos are growing well xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment