Sunday, 12 January 2014

IVF to date

Well today is CD 7 and things so far have been ok.

I'm now injecting twice daily. One in the morning and one at night. The gonal is fine to take but the oragulatran (sp) is a wee bit more painful maybe cos its like 7am and I'm half awake lol. Either way it stings a bit. And the needle is a bit more full on than the gonal, like thicker and sharper.
But that aside I'm handling it ok at this point. I do have moments of woe is me I wish I didn't have to be jabbing myself type things and feel a tad emotional about it.

Last night I was at a hens party so had to nip out to the car around 7ish to jab myself worked out fine. There were heaps of people at the party so a) no one noticed I was missing b) no one noticed I wasn't drinking. Helps that all my close friends know what's going on. Spent the last first days catching up with them which was fantastic. AND of course found out that one of my closest is 10wks pregnant. Of course. With her 3rd! Unplanned OF COURSE. I did well. I laughed. Because it was truly an accident although to their fault they weren't exactly using a tried and true birth control method so it was bound to happen. So I laughed because she was floored, and had just got her head around not having a third child like she wanted because her husband didn't want more children. I laughed because she'd started selling their baby gear. I laughed because they had a month trip to Scotland booked and paid for right around her due date. I laughed at the irony because every time I see that group of friends someone has big news like that.

And....I was excited for her because if I'm lucky we'll have babies around the same age. I didn't think I'd really get that because they all seemed content with 2 kids each. Although one friend is just about to get married and I don't think children are far off for her and another is going to have one more so its not all bad.

So back to the ivf thing - not feeling any side effects from anything as yet. I can feel my ovaries plumping up much like leading up to ov just earlier in my cycle and wow I have copious amounts of ewcm already which must be a sign things are working right. I'm having a blood test and scan tomorrow and guess we'll know more from there. Egg collection is down for week of 18th so I'm hoping it is the 18th - that would be right on for ovulation for me and would mean I'll make it to the friends wedding if its a day 5 transfer.

I hate the not knowing element that comes with this kind of stuff. And the part about whether or not that it works. That shit is was freaks me out the most.


Not much else to tell since this is all that's on my mind constantly these days. I'm going to go back to work on Tuesday and get started on prep for the new year. I want to be as prepared as I can be before egg collection so that I don't have work plaguing my mind next week. And I really have no idea how much I need to do or how long it will take. I know need to unpack my stuff and set up my room which will take a good couple days. Then I have most of my planning done but bits and pieces still left to do. And generally just need to get my head around what's going on there.

Anywho best get on and cook thy dinner since I've been away and the poor fella is starving lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment