Today is CD2 so I FINALLY get to start IVF. Whoop whoop. Tonight I do my first injection and tomorrow I'll pick up some more drugs to start in the mornings.
Yesterday I was terrified of what's to come. Today I am still but maybe not so much. I'm going to watch my injection video again then cook some dinner, although to be honest I have got the most wicked migraine coming on, sometimes tend to get these with my period so maybe dinner not so much for me.
I have a scan booked for Monday and I guess I'll find out tomorrow when my bloods are.
Am off on holiday for a few days visiting friends tomorrow so that'll be a nice distraction to get me through the first week of all this stuff.
Right I think perhaps pain relief for my head may be in order...otherwise I'm going to have to crawl into bed early.
UPDATE:
So I've done my FIRST of many injections. Yay. I actually had to stick myself twice because I didn't give myself the full dose first time. No worries though they tell you all about that in the dvd so I wasn't too panicked although I could've done without it first time round. Not to worry its done and it wasn't too hard. I just told myself to plunge in and do it. No questions just get into it lol. And yes its me doing it. The Fella indicated in no uncertain terms that he was not prepared to inject me. I only jokingly asked him because really do I want someone else who's not a medical professional to inject me? Hmmm nah uh my friend. I mean sure if he'd offered I might've let him. Anyway turns out that despite his farming background which has involved injecting animals (many animals) he doesn't like needles at the best of times. Interesting. Didn't know that. So there we are. I inject myself and he continues to live his merry life lol.
Totally ok with that to be honest. This whole journey to a child is hard enough full stop for him BEFORE the sperm situation so adding in fertility treatment doesn't not really help the situation. I know he'll cope and be fine in the end, he always does cope in the end I just don't push it as I don't think its fair and blokes and girls deal with this kind of shite differently.
Thank god for blogging and forums and friends is all I say!
Well done you! I made TJL do all of my injections. I did have to remind him at one point that my skin is not as tough as a cows hide, as he used to come in with a bit of a 'bang'. Told him the needle was small and it should slide right in. Could not have injected myself though. Nope, nuh uh! Best of luck! Hope the meds don't knock you around (I didn't notice any change at all).
ReplyDelete