Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Frustration Central

Hi de hi.

Scan number two today. Meant an early start as had to get to the chemist by 8 for my orgalutran injection since I'd run out. Luckily I booked my scan straight after so didn't have much waiting around to do. Scan went well with 9 on one side and 15 (!) on the other. I think the nurse said that there would be around 8-9 that will be ready come EC....or more. So there was a possibility that they would trigger tonight but that changed to tomorrow night which means that I have to do ANOTHER early dash to the city to pick up one orgalutran for tomorrow morning and my trigger for the evening time.

The frustration part comes from the fact that they will do egg collection on Saturday and depending on what happens they may have to do a freeze all and do frozen transfer in a couple cycles because with so many follies (there's something like 28 on one side in total) there is a real risk of OHSS and ending up in hospital. While I understand its in my best interests I am GUTTED about this possibility. This was meant to be the perfect cycle timing wise with work dang it, if plan B goes into play it'll be March at the earliest. That seems eons away. And its the busiest time of the term at work :(.

I got off the phone and wanted to cry however I was at work so didn't let it get to me too much just got on with it and tried to see the silver lining which is I'll get a full year working at school and extra maternity leave with the summer holidays tagged on there (paid).

Still frustrates the hell outta me though. I keep telling myself that destiny has this plan obviously and I have to go with it. I have to have faith that I will eventually get my baby. I just worry that it will take a few eggs. I don't know if I can make it through another year with no outcome.

Gah. I'll stop stressing now because I just wanna cry. Dang hormones. My boobs are sore as and I am definitely feeling some heightened emotions as the drugs progress.

Anyone out there reading and have had a frozen transfer please regale me with the process. I hope it doesn't involve trillions of bloods because that's just a pain in ass!.

1 comment:

  1. Egg recovery sux! Embryo transfer sweet as and super quick, aside from having to have a full bladder. Trying to think re bloods for frozen transfer ... can't remember but don't think so. Think it was more pills ... Great help ah! I learnt, after IVF #1, to just go with the flow. You aren't actually in control of ANYTHING, so just do as they say. Meant my IVF #2 went so much smoother (even if same result). Best of luck. Sounds like it's going to be a good egg haul! So yay, providing OHSS stays away! Best of luck, I'm crossing everything for you!

    ReplyDelete