I've finally mastered using the Fella's new computer which we've had for 6mths! Amazing what school holidays, change of job therefore no work laptop for now does to you huh. He's got windows 8 (8.1 now I've managed to get the blasted thing to update) which for people who've used windows since time began and have very ingrained windows of old habits hasn't been a smooth transition. I actually had to do some online reading just to get my head around the different bits and bobs so I could actually relate to the dang thing. I needed to know where the functions of old were and what they'd been replaced with. It is most certainly NOT the easiest of systems to use that's for sure but now I've figured a lot of it out it gets easier, and faster. Thankfully due to my iPhone I have some idea about apps and when I worked out how to customize for our personal uses the whole thing a whole lot more sense.
AND through my new job I'm learning a lot more about Google and the wonders of their applications as my new school are google users. I think its amazing! So amazing I have briefly considered getting rid of my old faithful Hotmail but then decided to stick to it as my personal email. So as ridiculous as it sounds I now have THREE accounts to which I can use google. Stupid I know but I had this one already then created a new one to start my work (appraisal) blog I've got going on which I didn't want linked to this blog AT ALL plus didn't want it to be tied to a specific work email as then when moving schools like I am now I didn't want the hassle of changing it all and then there's my new work one. Anyway the ins and outs of my computer knowledge was not the purpose of the post so I'll move on lol.
Rambles that amble.......
Well the festive season has well and truly moved on. I survived hosting the Fella's family which was meant to be on our deck since our house is TINY but it was flipping cold and windy so they crammed in my tiny house on top of one and other. I'll definitely say I'm glad its over although can't be stuffed going into the details other to say that my family loves xmas and always have a nice time, but after having his family over who were great and all I can see WHY he does not cherish the day as much! Generally it was a nice day with no drama but there was a certain energy there that annoyed me. Especially since we ate quite late in the day due to some people having to work and arriving later. To me that was fine, I knew about that and never intended to eat early. There was food, no one was starving but some people (MIL!) seemed to get antsy.
Anyway it makes ME antsy thinking about it so I'll move on lol.
My parents arrived Boxing day for a couple days and that was a breath of fresh air. Not often they come over this way and usually my father doesn't come but he did and it was nice. The weather hasn't been the best for summer so of course it rained and we were stuck in doors watching movies but I guess that was ok for all involved and we got to take a deep breath and just relax some. Dad's not one for sitting around so they only stayed a couple days.
After the xmas rush of cleaning and cleaning again and gardening and generally preparing I found myself with time on my hands. This probably hasn't been the greatest thing out! Although I've managed plenty of time reading, like I say the weather's not been the greatest so its not exactly been uplifting or motivating. I've done things like make jam, bake a little, potter but generally I feel a bit sloth. And it allows me far too much time concerning myself with the weight I can see slowly creeping on after working SO hard to lose it. I lost 7kgs at my best moment but right now I'm probably sitting 1.5kg heavier than I'd like to be. Totally my own fault as there has been an absolute gluttony of nice things to eat around here. Thankfully the past couple days I've started to turn my nose up to it which has been good. The plan now is to keep on with the calorie tracking and running every second day or so. It will come off again I know it will and I'm happy to have lost the amount I have because I know with the upcoming IVF that the bloat will come on and if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant at the end at least its 7kgs less to gain if that makes sense.
New Year's Eve saw us at a party held by friends of ours. There was a band. I drank my last bottle of wine for at least a month (hopefully longer) and got jolly. We came home pretty early really but that's ok we had a good time.
New year, new adventures. I'm currently waiting for AF to begin. As murphy's law would predict I'm sure I ov'd a couple days later so my early period last month was in vain haha. I've been cramping the last couple days so the witch should arrived in the next couple I hope. I'm just keen to get this show on the road. As I've said in the past I'm excited and nervous all rolled in one. I really don't how I'll react if by a miracle I get utd. A long time ago (about four IUI's ago) my expectation that I would become pregnant waned. Now I go through the motions. I don't see how I could be so lucky finally. I always hear about who it didn't work for. There's always so much disappointment around the IVF world that's hard to be hopeful. People try to prepare me for it not working first time, I know they're right that I shouldn't get too hopeful.
ARGH its scary!
Next Wednesday I'm planning to head away for a few days. I've got a friends hens party at the weekend so going to stay with one of the girls for a few days leading up to the party. This time of the year I'm normally tripping all over the place so this will be good for me. Yep I'll be in the thick of injections but no worries they all know about the IVF so no hiding required and I think it'll be the perfect distraction. This once I get back from that I intend to get started at my new job getting prepared and organised for the coming year. I want to get a jump on it even though school doesn't start until the 27th of the month. I have no idea when egg collection etc will be and don't want to be putting pressure on myself around the vital time. Its enough that my friend is getting married right after transfer so I'm doing what I can to make life easy for me.
And so those are my rambles for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment