It is fecking cold right now. We keep having these frosts where it clouds over instead of being all sunny and lovely so it just stays fecking cold ALL DAY. Yes sir its a bitter winter.
Yesterday I went to work for the entire day as I had netball training and needed to get in early to meet the electrician so he could wire up my new stove (more on that later). It was a horrendous frost and they refuse to run the heating at school in the holidays due to the fact that it costs like $10k a month to run. Sp yeah the handy little weather app on my phone informed me it was -1 deg at like 10am and my class is South facing...so no sun whatsoever. I was freaking COLD. Shivering, chattering cold. It sucked. So in light of that I figured I do as much as I could so my time spent in there today would be limited. Then the fucking network shat itself which meant no net and no printing and no copying. The three most important things to a teacher. Rendered the afternoon almost useless. Rang school this morning and its still down so the office lady is going to call me when its up and running save me a wasted trip to town. Luckily bought stuff home with me to do in the warmth of my house so will get on with that soon.
So the stove. Well. I've lived with the Fella for around 6yrs now and for like 3 of those years I've had this stove which only had one element working at best and a door on the oven which needed taping shut. For YEARS I've tried to cook delicious meals in this crap oven. We keep saying we should get one etc etc but never happens. Anyway finally on Monday we got a new one!!!! Had to get the plug wired on yesterday so I haven't actually had a whirl on it yet, that's a plan for tonight.
On my knee - saw the doctor on Monday who has put through a referral to a specialist. Saw the physio for the last time. Have got a plan to kick arse in the gym to build up strength. But recommended I don't play any more just train because I keep doing further damage each time it happens. Bit stink but I kind of understand.
On the baby journey - my brother knew about our plight, mum had told him. I could tell he had found it hard to tell me. He was so lovely and said that he hoped it worked out for us because I'd make a great mum and he wanted to be an uncle and our kids to grow up together. Funny I never thought of him as thinking like that so it was touching. I spoke to the doctor about a few things on Monday too. She was pleased to have seen me as wanted to touch base on how things were going. She suggested ringing to see how they were getting on with our appointments. I asked her advice on the hormone therapy and she suggested I stop everything so that my system has time to return to its former self in preparation for the next steps. She was really positive about the fact that there would be hope for us. It was really lovely.
I'm a little apprehensive about stopping the progesterone because it has made such a HUGE difference to my PMS and how I feel. But its a means to an ends and I'll just have to learn to deal with the shit that comes with PMS won't I.
I'm also working on the Fella and I sharpening up our lifestyle and cutting back on the alcohol and so forth.
So yeah that's us for now. Best be getting on with some school work before I have to go to town :)
No comments:
Post a Comment