Today I had some fantastic news and it has restored my faith in things working out. A couple weeks ago I hit rock bottom, there was nothing else that could happen after the news of my brother having a child that could make me feel any worse, today I started the uphill climb out of the bottom and onto good things.
Yesterday I posted about how I had emailed a fertility specialist. I'll explain a little bit more about how the process works here...just so we're all on the same page. Here in NZ we run a publicly funded health system. This means if we're prepared to wait (and wait and wait....within reason of course) we can have our health issues seen to without cost to ourselves. Health insurance is used but not as widely as other places. Any who when we got the Fella's results through our GP they referred us to a specialist at our regional hospital. This is publicly funded but the crux of this is the long waiting list. I have no idea what their consultation there would have been and I'm pretty certain they would have sent us on to the IVF specialist anyway.
We also have 'private' fertility specialists operating around the country. These specialists are able to tap into public funding if the patient qualifies for it.
So. When I heard that there was a 5mth waiting list to get seen at the hospital I emailed the 'private' specialist to see if what they would do would be similar to the hospital at the initial appointment. Well today they replied. They told me to definitely come to see them. I didn't need a referral and just need to get my GP to fax through the test results so they didn't double test. And here's the best thing of all....they had an appointment available on the 10th of August!!!!!! Yep less that a month away!!!
I am so freaking excited and stoked.
I have to of course run it past the Fella and then confirm on Monday. I think he'll be ok with going then because he wasn't that keen on all the waiting either.
Oooh man.....!!!!!
I am determined to remain optimistic in this process until proven otherwise. I am aware that there may be no solution, that the road may get harder but I have to believe that there is something for us more than here and now and no children.
No comments:
Post a Comment