Remember how I mentioned that referral to a specialist and how it would probably take forever knowing our health system? Fuck I hate being right!
I just rang the clinic at the hospital where the gynae is that we will see. I wanted to know what the deal is with our appt. The verdict: 4-5mths waiting. FUUUUUCK!!! It could be shorter due to more doctors being employed but I'm not holding my breath.
Even though I had a feeling about that time it still kicked in the guts hearing it (esp with AF in full force this morning!). How am I going to endure 5mths of waiting? There must be SOMETHING I can do. I'm wondering if I should ring the fertility specialist my friend went through and ask them. My friend had a similar problem to us and they were never referred on to the hospital just straight to this other specialist. Surely if that's where we're going to end up we might as well start there?
I'm a little upset right now so will sit on it for a bit....heck knows I've got time!! Our public wait list for IVF is like 12mths long. I am NOT waiting that long. I have savings and I am willing to impart them to whoever will get me pregnant.
I'm kicking myself now because I didn't tell the chick on the phone that given 24hrs notice we were willing to take any cancelled appointments. Bugger it.
This fully bites ass.
Was going to ring other specialist about knee but I'm so frigged off I can't be buggered. Will do it tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment