Thursday, 7 January 2016

11wks 6days

Here we are. Tomorrow will mark 12wks into pregnancy.
I would like to say it's flown by but maybe that is true for the last 2 wks however the rest not so much. Thankfully I'm feeling heaps better this week with almost no moments of sickness and I've got some motivation to get stuff done around the place (exception being today as I'm buggered after two full on days).

Yesterday I had an appointment with the midwife and we got to listen to the heartbeat. She did warn me that perhaps it might not be heard depending on how baby is sitting etc but after a few seconds of poking about she found it!. And wow it was so cool. Surreal but AHMAZING!! She told me it was a great heartbeat for where I'm at and that I had good stomach muscles lol. I was like really? Cos what I'm looking at in the mirror is a bit tubbier than one would like!

Which takes me to gaining weight. I'm am eternally grateful to be having a baby. I am, however, having a few small adjustments issues to the potential weight gain. When I felt ill I just ate whatever felt good and didn't really exercise which is now biting me in the butt literally. I've started back with walking and some body stuff as of yesterday and I'm forcing myself to do this regularly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried about the baby belly. That I can't wait for but it's the weight I can feel around my waist. Could possibly be because I've stopped working out and the tone is gone but it's a bit to get used to.
So I am determined to not let it get on top of me.

That aside things are going great. After hearing my lil poppet's heartbeat yesterday I treated myself to buying a couple of modern cloth nappies as we'll be using those in place of disposables. I held back from buying a mattress for the basket I was given. Feels a little early lol. I have, however, gathered all my bits from the cupboard (think I mentioned last week) and got rid of some things from what will be the room. Still need to get rid of the big things out of there and clear out the wardrobe. Part of me wants to just get on to it now before school goes back but I kind of feel like it's a bit ahead of time (thoughts people?). I'll be 15wks when school starts and Term 1 is ridiculous to say the least and I mean it will be a joke how busy I will be. Which then means the April school holidays will have to be it but I really want to be cruising a bit (visiting my home etc) because come the next holidays I will be nearly ready to drop. Term time is just too hard to get organised in. See my dilemma? I'm sure I'll work it out.

My 12wk scan is on Tuesday next week. I'm hoping the Fella will be able to take time off work to come along and see our kidlet on screen. I'm not holding my breath and if he can't then I'm insisting he comes to the 20wk one which will be more likely to happen as work is quieter then. Anywho if he does come on Tuesday I'm going to see if he'll take a look at some buggy's with me. I had a brief look yesterday and good grief I have no idea what the hecka we should get. I think he'll be good at helping me make the decision. Aside from that purchase I have a friend who has a TONNE of stuff (clothes, toys, accessories etc) so I don't have to really buy anything too much. It's AWESOME!

Anywho now I've had a rest I had better get on with the jobs for today. Not too much rest for the wicked xx

No comments:

Post a Comment