So since we've started to go public with our news there is always one question that comes up pretty soon into the conversation. I'm pretty sure most people who have been pregnant have encountered this.
Will you be finding out what you're having?
I don't mind being asked of course. It actually just makes me giggle.
Kinda wish I knew that answer to the question though.
To be honest we haven't even got to discussing whether we'll find out what's cooking in there. Me, I'm not too worried about knowing and would be happy to find out as a prize for all the pushing. If the Fella would like to know then I'll go along with that. I think that for the guy there's very little they have control over and for us especially and the fact we've used a donor a lot of the process has been out of our hands.
I have no idea what his stance on finding out is. I know he's probably pretty daunted by the whole thing anyway. He did ask after latest scan if I saw a little "peanie" in there lol! So I figure, well actually I know, that he would rather it was a boy. Of course I'm happy with whatever comes along, but kinda for his sake I'd like it to be a boy too. I've never dreamt of having a particular gender like some people just yearn for a little girl or boy but me I've not really ever done that. I have always imagined our baby to be a boy whenever I thought of it but in my dreams (as in when I'm sleeping) it's generally a girl (as it was the other day).
So yeah the jury is out on that answer to 'that' question. Part of me wants to know as I think it will help the Fella bond a bit more especially if it is a boy but then if it's a girl (which will be lovely!) I'm worried he's going to be a bit disappointed. As much as I've reminded him that girls can do just as much as boys when it comes to 'farm' type stuff - I sure did.
Anywho we still have 7wks before we need to make a firm decision on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment