Friday, 22 January 2016

Humble Experience

We are 14wks and counting now. At night I have a nice round little belly which seems to not be spreading too much to other problem areas such as my ass (lol). It feels like it came on all of a sudden but has mellowed out a bit now, maybe it's because I've become used to it. My boobs are much larger but thankfully not popping out of the bra's I was too small for but still wore before getting utd lol.

Anywho I'm not posting for that information (just handy to note). I'm actually posting because in the past couple of days I have come to realise a few things.
We're now at the point of going public, well properly public, with our news and it has been amazing. So many people have been genuinely over the moon (some to the point of weeping) when they hear we're having a baby. It's made me realise just how many people were aware of our struggles even though I hadn't specifically talked to them about it. And I tell you what it is hugely humbling that so many people care so much! Like truly humbling. I could almost shed a little tear over it.

It's not like I'd been particularly private about our struggle to have children but I'd been more open with some people rather than others in our community. I guess it's that small community thing where people talk and although normally that would be a bother this time it's nice to know that I have so many people around me who care.

Anywho I'm going around in circles a bit so I'll move on. Went to visit a neighbour who has just had her 2nd child a week ago. Took some baking and sat for about an hour chatting. And lo and behold she gives me a beautiful crocheted blanket she had made for me (this is the lady I ran into at my first midwife appointment) after she discovered our secret. I was totally blown away! And excited - being my first present lol. It was all very lovely considering her and I, despite living in the same community for a long time, have never really hung out or bonded much. I guess now we have a common interest things will change. She also shared with me her struggles at becoming pregnant and being pregnant so I have a new appreciation for her.

Righto I guess I should get off the laptop and go do something for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment