Tuesday, 29 December 2015

10wks 4 days

Well it would seem that I am still pregnant.

I know that sounds a bit strange but I kind of keep expecting to wake up from the dream. I've even let myself plan a little bit ahead now. Especially after being at home for Xmas and hanging with Mum, I've put in an order for a quilt and some knitting with her. They gave me a sewing machine for xmas so I've been thinking about what I can make with that and I hauled out my little stash of baby stuff from the bedroom cupboard.

The first midwife appt was a long one - 1.5hrs but I came away familiar with the birthing room, facility and lots of other information (a stack of pamphlets).

I have another on the 6th to do my 12wk bloods etc and then the scan on the 12th. At my next midwife appt I'll get to hear the heartbeat (well it fricking better still be there) which is exciting.
I'm going to bank on it all going well as I have had some days where I just want to curl up in a ball and die. Today and yesterday were those days. I'm hoping for a better one tomorrow. There's a pattern of Monday and Tuesday being rotten so one can always look forward to Wednesday's with a smile. Last night I was laid up at 7pm in bed with a migraine which was such fun. It's lingered as a mild headache today but I've managed to keep on top of it by drinking plenty, a nap in the afternoon and getting up and moving.

And what else to tell? There probably isn't much else. I'm fading so I will go. I have dang accounts for the Fella to do. A million of them.

Wait - Xmas. I forgot Xmas. Well....it was a bit of a flop lol. Dad woke on the day with a nasty tummy bug which had also hit my nephew who'd stayed over in the days before. So we essentially postponed it until Boxing Day to try and contain the outbreak. Dad was still pretty gross but managed ok and the nephew was better. Meant we couldn't go fishing or picnic at the beach as we had planned. I actually didn't mind it to be honest as I get a bit blah as the day wears on. Thankfully mother and I missed out on it but the SIL (Nephew's mother) was laid up yesterday with it. Poor thing.

And now I will complete the post. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment