So I guess we're starting to believe this baby might actually become real. Yesterday I called the local midwife centre to register. Never thought I'd be doing that and it was weird lol. The midwife I spoke to sounded lovely and I have an appt with her next Thursday. She really had to squeeze me in as things are getting busy with the festive season. There's three of them who work on a roster basis so depending on who's on will be who I see when having the baby. I knew all this already as have had many friends who've birthed at the same place so was prepared for that. Have met one of the other midwives before and instantly warmed to her, however I heard the other day on the down low that she's also expecting so I'm picking she won't be around come July.
The Fella and I have started having conversations around what will happen when this blessed child arrives. A sign that he's starting to believe it's going to work too. Before my scan last week he was very much of the wait and see thought as didn't want me to get my hopes up too much. Now he's kind of talking more like it's going to happen. I know it's early days to be thinking about all that kind of stuff but I think it helps to be prepared at least in your mind about what life will look like while on leave, how we'll cope financially etc. The beauty of my job is that we get 6wks full pay in lump sum for maternity leave then on top of that our government pays 18wks parental leave (extended in April 16). Unfortunately the latter is not full pay and works out to be about half of what I get now a month. Thankful that I get anything though and we'll make it work. I'm lucky baby is coming after the Fella's slow time at work so we should sneak through ok with his income and my leave.
Then there's other practical things to think about like firewood as I'll be home for the second half (coldest part) of winter and be burning wood all day.
Anyway enough of the boring day stuff. Not much else to tell. I'm still feeling like death, not vomiting but just yuck ALL day then eating like a horse to try and counteract the yuckiness. And tired. Luckily not any worse than last week which makes me hopeful that things have steadied out and this is my lot for however long. If it is I can cope. Finishing work on Friday (tomorrow) for the year also helps a lot! Can't wait to sleep in and do as I please.
Anyway must get back to said work....
No comments:
Post a Comment