Sunday, 2 December 2012

Generosity and heartbreak

Generosity:
Had an interesting Fb convo with the wife of a guy that the fella works for who we've become friendly with. Started out by her telling me she was sending her husband to stay with us because she just sits next to him and gets utd. They've not long had their third child so I jokingly asked if they were expecting again. Apparently she was offering him to me.

Yep offering his sperm to us turkey baster style. Touching and so very generous. It was something they'd talked about, that he'd suggested and were happy to do.

We just can't take up the offer. Both of us prefer not to be on personal terms with our donor. Just makes it easier that way I think. No awkward moments. No inadvertent comparisons to the other children.
Pays not to over think it.

But again touched by their thoughts. Surprising how many people have offered.

Heartache:
Last night I got a text from my a close friend. I get sparse coverage here, we're just out of range for my carrier so it came in 6hours later.
My heart broke for her when I read it. This is the friend who had been having marriage trouble. They've been together for 15yrs married nearly 2. In recent months there's been an ongoing issue about the nature of a work relationship he has with a colleague. Inappropriate amounts of texting etc. Time and time again she has 'called' him on it, asked him to stop, what's going on etc. And he has assured her nothing was going on.
Then yesterday she read a text on his phone from this girl. And it was not good. Lets just say it straight out said she wanted sex and missed spending time with him.
What a fucking LOSER!!!! I am so mad at him. So he's been kicked out and basically my friend said its over. He claimed they hooked up once only but I'm not sure how he thinks we can believe that.

He's the biggest idiot out throwing away his marriage like that. And then there's his kids. Gosh I can't imagine how's she's feeling. I feel sick to my stomach and wanted to cry so she must be beside herself.....
I need to call her but I don't know what to say. I need to go to her but I just can't drive that far right now.
Oh my poor girl!!!

Think I'd best ring her now.

---------------
I just spoke to her and she's holding up well. Says its kind of a weight off because she's suspected something for so long. He claims they've only kissed and its over but she doesn't believe him one bit. He's still calling and texting this woman ridiculous amounts. And he's completely shut down, wouldn't talk about it, can't see what's wrong with it all. It's just soooo unlike him I'm not sure what to think. I want to think the best because he's a friend. I want to think he told the truth and that this other bird is just too thick to let go but I have to face the facts...he did this to one of my best friends :(
It's tragic.






No comments:

Post a Comment