Monday, 26 November 2012

The Stay At Home Girl

Today I have been back at home for a week.

Its been not a bad week. The weather has been lovely so I've spent a lot of time sitting on my chair in the sun reading. I've had plenty of visitors and one very good neighbour and friend who has picked me up several times for a change of scene since I'm yet to drive.

Today though its cold and miserable out so I'm inside under a blanket watching TV.

Period arrived like I thought it would but wasn't anywhere near what it normally is which I put down to all the hospital going ons.

Um what else?

Am a little teeny bit bored today. Guess because its the start of another week and its not new anymore.
As far as recovery goes. I'm mainly using one crutch and sometimes none if inside. I added more bend in the brace which has been good. I could probably add more but I've decided to leave it until I see the physio tomorrow. I've had serious moments of freaking that I'm wrecking it all but then calm myself down by remembering that the brace is there to help and stop me doing serious damage.
I put a ridiculous amount of pressure on myself about things like standing in the shower. I figure I should be able to shower standing up. I've tried and lasted about 5 mins before getting tired and had to sit down again. I'm unsure about what the knee should and shouldn't feel like without the brace on, how much pressure/weight I should be putting on it etc. I definitely can weighbear more but still freak out a bit especially since the shower is so wet and slippery and all lol. Then there's the pressure I put on myself to not be using crutches at all but evidently I need one to help me balance.
THEN I remind myself that I haven't yet had one physio session so therefore its only been those tiny exercises the surgeon has given me and nothing else. Hopefully after tomorrow I will feel a bit better.

Anyway...not to worry I'm sure everything will be great.

Just wish I could get in the car and drive. I tried getting in the drivers seat today and manage to get my leg up over the doorway threshold which is an improvement so with more bend I think I'll be sweet.

The Fella has been real busy with work so I spend a lot of my day by myself. He usually leaves by 7am and home after 7pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes later. Sometimes he goes to visit friends so its again just me. I have to keep telling myself its just the time of the year and its not personal, like he's not avoiding me, he just has a one track mind when it comes to work. I do get a bit cheesed when once again he goes off to see yet another friend and comes home late. Its just my overactive mind blowing things out of proportion though.

People have gone on about how wonderful it will be to have 10wks away from work. Its actually not like I'm able to do stuff so its not really an extended holiday. I spend half of each morning doing 1 or 2 houseworky type things which I would normally do all on Saturday mornings. Helps me feel like I've achieved something when I do that.

But enough woe is me its not like I'm never going to recover. On Thursday this week it will be 3wks. That's half way to 6wks which is when the brace will be gone. Weeeee!!

Right off to watch trash tv....ugh 16 and Pregnant though....just makes me want my baby NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment