Saturday, 8 December 2012

Overwhelming at least

Meh! Things sometimes get a little full on around here. There's so much to think about. I'll try to offload a bit so maybe I can get my head right.

1) I got a small promotion at work. I'm now the team leader of a group of four other teachers. This is exciting however yesterday when I was at school I felt fully out of the loop as I'd missed some important meetings. Decisions had been made etc and there was this energy that was intense. The attitude of some hasn't changed but no surprises there. Thankfully one harder to deal with person is leaving from our wider team do that will make a difference. The others person who got the other team leader position was on a bit of a power trip but hopefully that doesn't last long. There was some other stuff too which annoyed me. But I won't bore you with the details.

It didn't help that one of my best colleagues is moving on and there were farewells to be had and it was emotional to say the least.

So that's that.

2) We are basically going in circles with the donor thing.
The fella is one minute saying he's still getting his head around the whole idea. The next he's asking about what happens when I want another kid and acting like he's made up his mind.
On the subject of how many kids I told him I wanted 4 but knew that wasn't an option so 2 it had to be. But I then said its his decision really because I couldn't go get anything without his support. He thinks one is enough to support and nearly baulked when I said 4!!

We haven't come to any conclusion on our friends offer. I'm a little uncertain about it because they don't want anyone else to know and are serious about baster styles....which makes me awkward lol. Because we live an hour apart so logistically we would have to be in the same house to do the transaction so to speak. That part grosses me out!!

I would much rather he did the pots at the clinic and we did iui. I know it'd cost money and stuff but fark mentally it saves loads.

What to do???? There's also whether or not they're willing to allow more than one child. They're planning one more for themselves too.
As far as how often we see them that's probably less of an issue. I only see them a few times a year. The fella a little bit more.

I should really contact the clinic about it just to get their opinion on it all and another perspective.

To make things even more fun we're going to theirs for a BBQ tonight!! Gosh I hope it's not just us there lol.

3) Aside from the above running through my mind there's also my knee ( going well thanks), trip to Europe ( exciting!!!!), news of a friend having her second (a week after stopping the pill ...bam!) and another who just popped in April expecting again. She had crazy endo so it's amazing she's got it so easy. I put her onto the hormone lady and its obviously worked!!

I wish life was that easy for me.

Anyway I can't begrudge people who are fertile. Like my friend keeps reminding me I am fertile and there's nothing to say that I won't get pregnant just as easily.

Something to hold onto to say the least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment