You should see the pile of chocolate we've amassed over this Xmas period. I shit you not we have no less than 7 boxes of treats. 4 scorched almond boxes, 3 of Chocolate and a box of mixed lollies. It's crazy. This doesn't count what was floating around at the various houses we've been at.
My ass is not going to thank me I tell ya. It's literally been four days of eating like kings at every meal. But it's been awesome. Great times hanging out with people and just relaxing. Drinking a bit here and there which is hopefully something I won't be doing next year lol.
Got some nice gifts. A dinner set and $250 voucher from my parents and got a lovely foot spa from the present game we played at the fellas family thing.
I spent a couple days with my parents and then on Xmas day afternoon met the fella at his family gathering. Managed to pull off surprising mum with my visit. Dad told her I was coming after Xmas when my brother returned home from auz. Apparently she was quite disappointed that her children weren't going to be home so when I arrived on the deck she was totally blown away. It was priceless lol.
With the fellas family we basically hung out trying to escape the heat as it was roasting hot! We played the present game then on Boxing Day spent the afternoon at the races which is a very popular thing to do. Was nice to get all dolled up and go out. His nieces and nephews are not much younger than I due to the age diff between us so it's always fun going out with them.
Our niece hosted us at her house but there were so many people staying we decided to get a motel while we were there which was a nice treat. We even went out for breakfast just the two of us.
It was all very nice.
Picked up the mil from airport. She's a nice enough lady but sometimes it's hard work. It's all a long story but at the family things it's always a bit awkward with her around. She and their dad divorced well over 25 yrs ago and she moved overseas. Not really sure what exactly is the issue but one of his sisters has real issues and there's a bit of friction. There is tolerance there albeit uncomfortable. She can be a bit intense so it's a little exhausting.
Any who.....
So after all that eating I'm planning on busting my ass once the new year hits. Pointless now with New Years functions looming but come the 2nd watch me. And yes I said 2nd because I know that on the first I will be recovering and eating anything that goes lol.
Planning to try to pin down the fella to have our next counselling appt and get the rest of the stuff sorted. Hopefully we can get that done ASAP.
Right is better get the dishes sorted...there's a massive pile.
No comments:
Post a Comment