CD 1 today. Well my period started around 11am so technically not really but whatever.
I'm a little bit concerned. This cycle was 24 days long (25 if we count tomorrow as day 1). I ov'd CD13 and had a 11-12 day LP. It just doesn't sit well with me right now. Last cycle after coming off the cream towards the end was 26 days long. I think the LP was around 13-14days can't remember exactly.
It doesn't really have an relevance to us ttc because we're not actually ttc right now. It does have relevance to perhaps indicating hormonal problems. Have only got 5 more sleeps then we're off to see the specialist anyway so will just make sure I share my concerns with him.
Really it just shows that there are hormone issues there because why else would, while having progesterone, I have these wonderful 28 days cycles with perfectly timed ovulation after having some all over the show cycles? Then once stopping the hormones go straight back to random cycles. Like I say doesn't sit right with me and I would hate for us to get to the point of IVF be successful only to lose it due to hormonal problems on my part. I want my bases covered if I am going to spend that amount of money to become pregnant. And if its going to be one of not many shots then I want it to work.
However...we still have to get past this appointment. We still have to have reassurance that there is hope for using the Fella's sperm. We still have to have a wrath of other things happen before getting to that point.
One of which being the blood tests for the Fella. I have had numerous discussions with him explain why he can't just have them done in the morning of the appointment so fingers crossed he gets his butt to town tomorrow morning to get them done. Work is starting to amp up for him now so getting him to co-operate for appointments isn't going to be easy however I know he'll come through for me.
Apart from the above nothing else to tell from here. August has just arrived and normally its still a bit wintery about now but lately not so much. The day has been stunning and I've milked up the sun in the garden mowing lawns pruning roses etc and the daffodils are not far from flowering which makes me think spring is on its way!!
Gotta love nice days :)
You're not going to be allowed to have hormone issues. If you go through IVF you'll be on supplemental progesterone amongst a whole swag of stuff to suppress your immune system and stop you from clotting etc etc. IVF is as unnatural hormonally as it gets. You'll be on all that stuff til 10-12 weeks gestation. Your cycle won't be your own for it to be right or wrong. :-)
ReplyDeleteNever hurts to bring up with the specialist, I'll be interested to hear what they have to say!
ReplyDeleteI think blogger ate my comment... Never hurts to ask! I'm excited to hear what the specialist has to say!
ReplyDelete