Tuesday, 1 May 2012
The Name Game
I've decided that perhaps thinking up names for my unborn, non-existent babies is not such a good idea.
Why?
Because when your ex-student teacher has her baby girl and calls her Paige you tend to get a bit gutted. Its the one name that I was absolutely set on. Yeah it guts me.
I informed the Fella of this last night. I said such and such has had a baby girl and guess what they called her? He got it straight away. So being a man he just said we'll have to call our girl Pauline (after his mum) or Nita (his nana). I don't like the first name but the second I actually think is ok. I still want Paige and I think I would still use it.
Then I take a minute to think and I realise that I am actually pathetic. Here we are talking about names like we've got one in the oven cooking already. And isn't it funny how we both can think of a girls name but not a boys.
Oh well such is life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey now, Hubster and I have had names picked out for over a year! And if someone named their baby the same thing... I'd just use it anyway.
ReplyDeleteIt's not pathetic, it's natural. We can only focus on our inability to conceive so much. Part of how we can keep trying is by having hope, and part of hope is envisioning what the future is that we want. And that includes baby names.
PS-I like the name Paige, and I think you shouldn't give up on it :)