Today was a blue bird, stunner of a warm Autumn day. I woke to stars leaving the night sky and a clear blue day.
The people at the clinic were just the most compassionate people I've ever come across and dealt with us with such tender loving care I couldn't have felt more looked after.
They made an unbearable day that little bit more dealable. Trish, George and Jay Marlow were their names.
I had a good cry while with them. After keeping it together for days because I was sick of hurting and crying and feeling generally like shit I got to that clinic and couldn't hold it any more. Felt good to let it out and I'll do it again Wednesday when we're back there. And probably in between.
I got given an amazing book dedicated to parents dealing with this type of thing and I've read the whole thing already. It helped me validate my feelings and grief.
My heart is still breaking into a thousand pieces at what we're dealing with but I know this is the best decision we could make for our child. We will get through this.
No comments:
Post a Comment