Sunday, 9 March 2014

Another Update

Where to start?

TTC:
Well I am currently half way through my cycle before transfer. Bring on the next 2-3 wks! Can't wait. I did thing little tarot card thing in a magazine - you had to close your eyes and move your hand over the three cards and stop at what you felt drawn to. I did this with no cheating and landed my card. I can't remember what it all said but the last sentence was 'if you're planning a pregnancy that things were looking favourable' or something of that meaning. Made me feel good.

Work:
I had the conversation with the deputy principal and this went amazing. She was amazing! Like tripping over herself to be understanding about it. Takes a weight off my shoulders which was well needed. Other than that work is honky dory.

The Boy:
He has left for his trip away working. I'm ok about it at present. He text me today to say that he arrived to find out that there may not be work for another 2 wks (f*%K it) and that they aren't wanting to pay him enough. So he could be home much sooner than anticipated. He's going to sort it out further tomorrow and then update me but its super frustrating to say the least. His friend arranged the job and it's kind of not working out like he suggested it might so the Fella feels a bit let down understandably. I don't think the friend realises how much he had to sort out just so he could go for that work....eg making sure the dogs were sorted, the other animals were sorted, leaving work he could've done here for the next couple of weeks etc. Like the Fella said he (the fella) should know better with that guy.

Family:
I went home this weekend for my nephews first birthday party. He's adorable as always and real fun to be around. The party was a bit harder than I anticipated. Millions of little kids running around, hours of baby talk, pregnancy talk every kind of talk I don't know anything about. Endless 'you wait until its you...' Coupled with the preggo talk at work I just didn't need it.
Then my brother proceeded to claim his mate that's he's been friends with since they were born was a dick ....why? Because he doesn't have kids. Well. I just got my heckles up big time at that one I tell ya. I told him that wasn't fair at all! His point was that since they've had M he only visit once while he was home from overseas. The way he said it like the world just revolves around them really riled me up.
I know some of how I'm feeling is driven by jealousy and maybe if I had a baby then maybe I would get how they felt? But personally I don't feel that having a baby would make me more special in the sense that I should expect more of people. They tend to make you feel like they're the only ones in the universe who've had their lives changed by having a child. This whole ' Gah when you've kids.....' line they roll out is getting old.

Anyway I can't really put my finger on exactly how I feel so I'll stop there.

Think I've pretty much covered my life to date. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment