Hey de hey campers
Thought it was time for a wee update. Can't remember where we left off so forgive me if I repeat myself.
We got 2 embryo's frozen. I figure they're hardy ones to make it that far so I'm happy. Just hope they're hardy when they finally get back to their home.
I had my review apt on Thursday. I went alone because the Fella had to work and we had a funeral in the afternoon so he was having a half day as it was. And I know him, he would've not been impressed with that travelling for 10mins.
Anyway the appointment was pretty straight forward. Discussed any questions I had - which wasn't many. Then outlined what the transfer would involve. I need to wait ANOTHER cycle after this :( I was pretty gutted by that but what's a girl going to do. Crying ain't going to help. Basically this cycle I'm in isn't normal but the next one will be hopefully. If I take the glass half full approach it's actually a blessing because by my prediction things would've been hectic with swimming sports to organise around prime time of my next cycle so the next one will be less busy. Dumb thing is I have to have bloods from day 7 because they have to really really pinpoint ovulation and scans too. Just a pain in the ass now I live 20mins further from a testing place gah. I've got the nurse looking into the possibly of something closer to my work so fingers crossed. However this is life and I'm super lucky to have the most amazing boss in the world.
What scares me is that she will be on maternity leave then and her deputy may not be so understanding so I'm a bit worried about that part.
On my new job.....
Love it! really enjoying my class and the challenge. Finally starting to get into a the swing of things and don't feel like a fish out of water so much.
What I AM finding hard is the constant baby talk. With two workmates UTD and one board member its basically constant in the staffroom. I try to not let it get to me but that's hard at times.
I go places and I'm literally the only one who hasn't had a child. Has no first hand experience in this whole raising children thing so I'm not qualified to take part in discussion.
And I am getting a little bit over the 'wait until..' comments. I honestly don't even see myself getting that far sometimes. It breaks my heart that I can't visualise it happening. That I'll be stuck in this eternal abyss of waiting.
Anyway this post wasn't supposed to be 'poor me'.
The Fella is going away on March 10th for maybe 4mths to work. Not loving the idea but I know its important that he does this for our mortgage. I know couples do it all the time but I can't put rightly into words how I'm feeling.
Anywho I guess I'll let it there. That was a bit all over the show but oh well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment