Saturday, 15 March 2014

Week One of Living Alone

I have survived week one of living alone while the Fella is away.

I'd like to say its been all beer, skittles, rainbows and a everything else nice but there was a bit of a speed bump midweek which sucked.

I'd not long arrived home from netball training so it was late and dark. I was mooching around in my dressing gown following my shower when the Fella's step brother arrived on his 4 wheeler very obviously with a few bevvies under his belt.
He proceeded to quiz me about the Fella and I - were we ok? What was going on? etc etc. I felt like I should know what the fruit loop was on about but honestly I had no idea! Then he started on about the dog and again I had no idea what he was on about.
As I mentioned he was clearly drunk and in one of those volatile moods people get in when they're drunk so rather than firing up and telling him to piss off I calmly agreed with whatever he was on about until he climbed on his bike to leave. That was when he proclaimed that 'ok I'll tell you' (Tell me fucking what you idiot?). And what he decided to tell me was that apparently according to another guy we know the Fella had a meltdown and said he was a) going to dump me and b) put his dog down.

WTF???? Seriously. According to old Fruit Loop the Fella was even crying during this meltdown. I just replied that I didn't know what the fuck he was on about and as far as I knew things were fine. So then he hooned off on his bike talking rubbish.

Honestly the whole thing shook me up. Not necessarily what he said but the fact he arrived so drunk at that time of the night. I'd just started getting used to fact I was home alone and starting to feel secure about it (even not having to leave the toilet light on!) so his visit freaked me out and made me very vulnerable. More so knowing that he has been particularly unstable of late and both the Fella and I have been a bit concerned about him.

So following his departure I thought right I'm going to ring the Fella straight away about this because I know my overactive mind and its best to put it at east. I called the Fella and he was FURIOUS!! Like going to get in a plane and fly home to beat up his brother angry. I had to calm him down. Naturally I cried because the whole thing confused and overwhelmed me. I really didn't know what to think. However the Fella assures me that he had done nothing of the kind and his brother was a fruit loop.

God knows where old Fruit Loop got the idea from however I later discovered that he had been at the local watering hole and was given a verbal warning for his behaviour so obviously he was on some kind of wild tangent.
The fella was very sweet texting me to make sure I was ok the next day and let me know he called his brother and told him to keep away from me and that he was going to kick his ass when he came home.

If I'm honest part of me worries that there is some substance to what the step brother said but I don't have any choice but to believe my man. I trust him and I know that if he was having thoughts like that I doubt he'd be telling everyone else about it without letting me know (if that makes sense). The mere fact he was allegedly crying makes me think its all bull crap - my guy is NOT the kind to cry. Just wish I could see him in person and get a hug. I really want to give the step brother a talking to as well but I don't think there's anything more to be achieved by doing so. And I hate the thought that thanks to him there is possibly this false rumour circulating about us.


Anywho, basically the rest of my week has been spent trying to move on from the yuck feeling I have after that.

In other news we're currently being hammered by winds from Cyclone Lusi. No rain as yet but my oh my the wind is something to talk about. I presume the rain will come tonight just to freak me out as I sleep.

Work has been stupid busy still. I'm hoping by the end of next week things will settle down some.

And on the ttc front I'm about a week out from AF and then its game time.

Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment