This week we had our follow up appointment with the team we dealt with during our loss of Paige. It was good to go and talk through their findings and what that meant for us.
Thankfully it was good news in the fact that this was an 'accident' as the specialist called it and very unlikely to happen again. We were just unlucky to fall into the 1% statistic. He said that next time we get pregnant (that's the hopeful in me) we will just be like any normal person and the usual statistics for miscarriage and the like will still apply. They offered us the opportunity for a 20week scan there pretty much for peace of mind. Their equipment is amazing so at least then if there is anything to pick up it'll be picked up.
I had thought going back there would be harder than it was. In fact I actually came away feeling a lot more level than I have in a while. It helped that prior to our appointment we collected Paige's ashes finally. The whole day just provided the closure that I needed to be able to look forward and start thinking about what next.
So what next? Well another IVF. Aside from all this other stuff going on some of my unsettledness came from not knowing where the Fella was at with trying again. I know at first he'd indicated we should try again but then I know him and sometimes he can change his mind unexpectedly. Anyway on the day of the appointment he wanted to know why we weren't also seeing the fertility specialist while we were in the same city. I had thought of it but it meant seeing a different specialist to whom we already deal with as ours doesn't work from that particular city. I'm a tad loyal and was very happy with his treatment so didn't want to just change. Then in our appointment when specialist asked if we were thinking about trying again my Fella nodded with such vigour I was quite surprised. We haven't had a major conversation about it but I'll just go ahead and make the initial appointment. After that we'll make a plan about when to go forth. I'm thinking August sometime.
Wish I had a crystal ball and knew what was to come......
No comments:
Post a Comment