Sunday, 18 October 2015

IVF Take 3

Last night I did my first injection. Easy as. It should be since I've been there done that more than enough times thank you.

Had little freak outs this week. Just the usual about it working and all that. I feel a lot calmer today thankfully. I'm pushing myself to just go with the flow in terms of appointments and the like. This is the first time I've done a fresh cycle while working so there's that to contend with. Like I've mentioned my boss is pretty amazing which means I don't really need to worry about that aspect.

The plan for the next week is gonal every night plus asprin and folic acid. Orgalutran starting Wednesday and scan Friday morning. Then chances are another scan over the long weekend which will mean a trip to the big City where my clinic is. Again I am going with the flow. Hopefully by Wednesday the following week I'll be back down there for EC and Monday after transfer. That is the plan for now.

In other news. Last year I started knitting a blanket. I just started with squares and kept going. Then I had the miscarriage and I couldn't face it because of the memories. I'd made it all about a baby blanket. Well fast forward to July when I was cleaning up a cupboard. I found it again and renewed my focus. I decided I'd just knit squares and make it a blanket. Not baby blanket or my blanket just a blanket. I'll decide later what kind it will be depending on how things go. So I aim to knit a square a week. It's so relaxing and helps me destress my day before going to bed.

Yesterday marked 6 years on this journey.
Aue.
6 years? Ridiculous really but it is what it is. Not much more I can say on the topic really. At least by end of 2015 I should know my fate.

Not much else to tell really other than the fact I've just sat and watched the All Blacks kick France in the world cup quarter final - 62-13 --- Amazing score!


1 comment:

  1. Hey ya! It's good to be back, thanks for the welcome! Best of luck for this IVF cycle, where do the years go when battling with infertility?! Ugh! I discovered the whole 'go with the flow' approach too, it's not like you get any control or say in the matter anyway, it's all up to the docs and clinics. So exciting. So scary. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete