Tuesday, 27 October 2015

It's the end result that counts

Today was one of those days where I had to repeatedly remind myself that the end result is what is most important and to not sweat the small stuff.

I had to take the day off work so I could get bloods, a scan and then wait to hear what my next instructions were.

First stop - bloods. My number 53. The number they called when I arrived....30. The place was full and getting fuller. Thankfully I only waited about 30mins to get mine done but it wasn't without enduring 5 mins of mindless chatter from an elderly man who sat next to me. And he wasn't the sweet kind of elderly man that you might not mind talking to. More of a creepy old guy. Anyway....

Second stop - scan. My alarm bells were raised when at 8am they had not called to arrange a time so I wasn't at all surprised that when I arrived they had no referral for me. Cue a 40min wait while the lovely ladies there rang the clinic and left numerous messages. Then I rang and left a message. Finally it came through so we got a time sorted. The scan itself took forever. She really had a good old dig around in there and counted, I'm sure, the whole lot. Didn't really give me much information which was frustrating other than it was looking good. In all honesty I don't really think she knew what she was doing. All I could tell is that there were a LOT of follies....like usual for me.

Then came the killing of the time. I luckily found stuff to do and with all the waiting I had to do it wasn't as bad as I expected. I got more wool for my blankie then a birthday gift for a friend and I even got some xmas shopping for my nephew done!

Finally got the call to say what next and hello another blood test in the morning (good grief!) then probably trigger tomorrow night with collection on Friday. I asked if we were still going with fresh transfer and they couldn't tell me until collection. Frustrating because in the past they've always given me some sort of idea of where we are headed. I'm hoping not freeze all. I really can't be frigged with all this shit for much longer. And that's probably the drugs talking rather than me but I'm so tired and sick of injecting myself!

Anywho that's today's update.

Just keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment