Only a month since my last update. Not so bad really lol.
So the quickly round things up.....
September 16th - had my surgery and all went well. Except that at the time I was sick a flu and then got a urine infection so missed about 5 days off work instead of the two I booked. Thankfully I'm back to normal now and feeling much stronger.
Today - picked up drugs and paid for my next ivf cycle which starts in about 10 days fingers crossed! Kissed goodbye to $12,803. I didn't even flinch - don't care anymore. It's just money. If it gets me a baby then it's worth what I've spent. I'm just lucky I'm in a position that I can afford it without too much strain on my life. I will not, however, be paying for another cycle. This is it. By jove I hope it works. The pain in my heart for a baby is so strong it hurts.
And that is where we are at for IVF related things. I'm going into this round with a relaxed approach. I'm not going to stress about work, I have a lovely boss who totally gets it. I've got a lovely class who can self manage to the point they won't notice me missing lol. Not quite true but I trust that they can get on with what they need to without too much drama if I'm late or whatever. I've cleared my schedule of commitments that possibly conflict with IVF. I am ready to rock and roll.
What else? Well it's school holidays so I am spending the time relaxing, gardening, tidying and doing school stuff too. We're going to a conference for three days so with flying up there the day before that eats a good chunk of my second week of break. Not that it's an issue. I planned for that in my head so organised this first week knowing that.
Hmmm and that's about it. Real exciting life I live lol.
I hope it all goes well - have everything crossed for you.
ReplyDelete