Last time I posted I was about to have my pre op appointment for surgery. I had the appointment that lasted all of 5 mins and I filled in the pre-admission forms. Wasn't given a date which miffed me a bit but more on why later. A couple weeks after my appt I got a call to go through my forms and was told I'd be given a date asap and that the lady was working hard on fitting me in as my specialist had requested so.
That was probably 3 wks ago...and I'm still waiting! Dang it.
Although now I'm not so stressed about it because originally I was going to be having it the cycle before IVF. That cycle was meant to be start of September. That was perfect because netball would be finished and I'd be a bit freer.
Anywho it seems my cycles have shortened considerably without me even really taking notice (more pointedly caring) and are now 25 vs the 28 they were. This of course brought things forward to potentially starting IVF about now.
Pretty tight timeframe for getting surgery in considering the way that hospital works. So basically when they said I'd get two weeks notice I knew that I wouldn't be doing IVF in the cycle I had intended. The thing that REALLY miffed me about this was that the following cycle wasn't going to work as I have a major conference to attend paid for by work which would clash with potential transfer day (despite never once managing a fresh transfer!). Basically I resigned myself to waiting till the October cycle.
So I'd made my peace with it all and just taking a chill pill. Then my period came three days earlier than I figured - still 25 day cycle but I am certain I ov'd later this time. So it came earlier which means the next one will too and I can most likely fit in IVF before my conference all going to plan. I'm not pinning any hopes on it yet but it's looking ok.
I hope, hope, hope I hear about my surgery this week coming. I will probably ring them to see how it's going especially since I've been sick with a stupid cough so want to be able to get that sorted before I go in.
Obviously the universe has got plans for me because if I had started this cycle it would've completely clashed with netball finals which I just can't miss. Phew. Things happen for a reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment