You know you've been slack when you've got to read your last post to figure out where you last left off.
So another term of school has come and gone. The new term started yesterday.
My 8 mth ttc break is almost at an end.
In June I had a review appt with my specialist following my case being discussed at the a clinical practice meeting. His colleagues conclusion was that it appeared I was suffering from recurrent implantation failure and offered a list of solutions which my specialist had already covered. It was comforting to know that they're both on the same page.
So during my appt we basically went over the options with the merits of some and the unproven nature of others. It's a real pity some companies haven't picked on some of the newer theories and put them to the test. Anyway....
The plan is that I will have a 'd&c' the cycle before the next ivf. The specialist will take a look around and clear it out. It is believed that doing this puts the uterus into repair mode making it more likely to accept an embryo.
Then in the next cycle I will do IVF using a similar protocol to the last time in terms of drug dose. I will do colorado for transfer with some added steroids to again hammer my immune system.
I have my pre appointment for the d&c this Thursday then should know from there when my surgery is. I just hope it all works out as my cycles have come forward a bit from what I predicted they would.
Will cross that bridge when I get to it.
Mentally I'm doing well. My head is much clearer and I feel a lot brighter than I did round Xmas time. While I hope it doesn't come to it I'm certain that after this IVF if we don't get the result we want that I will draw a line in the sand and that will be it for ttc. Not an easy decision to make of course but one that has to be made. We're not millionaires, we can't keep throwing money at something that clearly doesn't want to work. Again will cross that bridge when I get to it.
And that my friends is literally all that is going on so for now I will bid you farewell and keep you posted on the next appt.
No comments:
Post a Comment