Friday, 24 April 2015

I am here

Here I am. Months after my last post.

A whole school term been and gone and another just begun.

And looking back briefly at that post I feel I've made some mental progress. My heart isn't so broken. There's still a longing but it's not so sharp.

I had an appt with the specialist in February. He's not really sure why it's not working out for me. His suggested if I were to try another round it could be possible to try intralipid treatment which is an iv treatment of the same stuff they feed ppl in feeding tubes. This apparently helps suppress natural killer cells which sometimes work too well and attack developing embryos. It's not very expensive so I'm willing to give it my all the next time round. He also said he'd take my case to their clinical practice meetings and see what others at the clinic think. I haven't heard how that went and have been meaning to call them and follow up.

Like I say I'm throwing everything at it. Colorado, intralipid, standing on my head, you name it I will do it. IVF3 is the last one. I have to draw a line in the sand. Mentally, emotionally and for my life in general. I can't keep going on. I turned 32 last month. I was 26 when I started. This has ruled my life for too long. So come September we will embark on Number 3 and hopefully the dream will come true.

So yeah I'm doing well. I exercise. I didn't lost the 6kg. In fact I've just hovered around the same weight for months. It seems to be going ok. I'm not overweight and still maintaining the 8kg loss of a year ago so I'm happy.

I've been super busy. Life is just now starting to settle now that summer is over thank goodness. Netball has started up again which is great. Those girls are always good for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Umm what else to tell from the past few months? Well mundane things like my cat being sick last week and having to spend a few days at the vets. This was actually a big deal for me. I thought I might lose him and wow it cut deep. He's like my child. I don't spoil him like some might but he's special and my mate. Anywho he's on the mend. Not sure what caused his illness, quite possibly got into some rat bait or something that had a toxic reaction in his kidneys. Poor bugger.

In brighter news we're in the process of replacing our fire place. We had a in-wall job that was pathetic. Like be roaring and only be 14deg in the house type pathetic. Honestly I don't know how we've survived 10 years here lol. So after a mildly cool day at home the Fella declared we were going to upgrade and being his savvy self managed to find an ideal replacement for a stupid cheap price on tra.deme. It's free standing and massive. Meant we've had to get rid of some lounge furniture (read - the big horrible ugly desk the Fella liked to horde) and rearrange things to make it fit but so far it's looking good. Yet to be installed. The Fella decided we needed to install the wetback at the same time which means moving the entire hot water cylinder (loooong story so I'll leave it at that). So has turned into a bigger mission than first anticipated. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it'll be in. Thankfully it hasn't been too cold yet.

And that is about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment