Saturday, 31 May 2014

Holy Batman I'm Actually Pregnant

As the title would suggest the fact that I am pregnant has actually just hit home right now.

I'm sitting here knitting my blanket and holy batman I am pregnant.

There is going to be a baby. Well all going to plan there will be a baby.

A baby.

Holy batman.

Maybe its because the early pregnancy package from the clinic arrived this week and it tells me I need to call my midwife asap. I was holding off until my scan but now I'm going to call them next week. Calling the midwife makes it real. No matter what happens it makes it real.

I'm knitting a blanket for my baby. That makes it real. The baby who is going to come and live here with us. Our baby.

I've just spent the past few days with my family as my dear grandmother passed away a week ago. They all know I'm pregnant and are delighted despite the sadness of the week. Naturally mum and I spent a bit of time discussing baby things. Going to get my mum to make a lining for the moses basket I've got. My SIL is lending me their capsule etc. The baby f.actory was having a 50% off sale. Gah it took all my might not to buy a thing but I am determined not to spend big bucks. There are plenty of people I can borrow stuff from or places I can buy second hand. I am going to invest in cloth nappies brand new.

There is so much to think about and hopefully its a nice distraction for mum after losing her mother which has been hard. If that makes sense.

Feeling particularly rotten today. There was a stomach bug roaming the house over the week which hit my brother, SIL and nephew and my cousin from Australia arrived with one too! Today I drove home and feel yuck the whole way, didn't really eat and feel disgusting when I finally got home. Didn't feel the need to throw up just unsettled in the tummy so forced myself to eat and felt better so now I'm wondering if I am getting the bug or its morning sickness ramping up to the next level. Usually I've just felt a big yuck if I haven't eaten at the right time but nothing like today so it'll be interesting to see how I end up tomorrow. Either way lesson learnt - don't go too long between meals or this preggo gets icky.
Apart from feeling yuck I've got mega sore nipples and depending on bra boobs too. And I had a super itchy nipple today too (ouch). I haven't been overly tired, or more tired than normal but I know that being 5wks 2 days that its probably a little bit early and come the next week or so things will start to get harder.

Supposed to be getting back into netball this week after injury  but my injury doesn't really feel ready and I'm having conflicting thoughts about playing while pregnant. Lots of players do it for sure so that makes me want to but another part of me just wants to stick to walking. What would others do??
Guess I'll give it a go and see how I feel.

Other than that things are ticking along ok. I'll be 6wks on Thursday and my scan is booked for the 18th of June. Eeek.

1 comment: