Don't worry things are great. Had bloods number three today with results tomorrow but am confident they'll be ok. My boobs are smashingly sore and I still feel sick here and there. Tired but from being woken up at 3am 3 days running by cat, dog, man. I know I have to get used to that but seriously I'm 6wks I've got 34 weeks before it really needs to be happening.
Anyway I popped by to see the midwives I'll be with today. They work on a roster basis. Will book in for my first appt once the clinic has signed me off.
And I'm realising that I'm currently in a transition period.
The transition from fertility clinic to midwife isn't so daunting. It's comforting to know people are still there to support me.
The transition in the forums is another thing altogether.
Early on I belonged to a thread which was people my age ttc and it was exciting. Then they all got utd and it was me. So someone then started a thread for ppl who had been in the game for some time. That has been amazing. A few good friends in there have graduated recently and it's been great. Then I graduated and that was cool too because some of the girls from there created another thread for those who got utd after a long time. However I found it hard just leaving the other thread. I still comment here and there but very wary of putting my pregnancy in their faces. I know how it feels!
So I've hung out in the other new thread. And there's a couple of girls at a similar point in their pregnancy as me but they've all experienced loss. I can't relate and don't want to either! I want to bask in the naievety of being pregnant without stressing about what could go wrong. They're lovely of course but I'm just not feeling it.
And I made to choice to not be part of the Due thread as I always vowed I'd ditch the forums once I got utd. And I feel like I wouldn't fit there either. Maybe I should just ditch it altogether.
So this transition which has been my staple life saver is hard to make. I feel a bit alone and like I don't fit.
Lol never happy huh?
Seriously I am happy especially if all I have to worry about is a stupid forum lol.
Right so I've got that off my chest now. Perhaps I'll start living now haha. Guess scared if I leave now I'll only end up back there too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment