Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Shock

Well I'm not really sure where to begin.

Firstly I'll start with how much I love my new car. I didn't think I could love something so materialistic so much but I do. Its the possibly the coolest thing I have ever owned in my life...right up there with the old i.phone lol.

Anyway.

Down the to nitty gritty.

Finally after one cancelled appt I got to talk to my FS. As we know hsg looked fine. No reason why IUI shouldn't have worked. But due to the fact we're publicly funded its IVF next. So he says ok we'll put you on the waiting list and my people will be in touch to make a appt for the plan etc. In NZ waiting times for this kind of stuff is ridiculous when you're publicly funded. We're talking a year or so. The nurse had told me 8mths when my last iui failed so when he told me early next year I was ok with that. Didn't have much choice really since we just blew all the ivf savings (lol eg my savings) on a car. He suggested a couple of self funded iui's could happen in the mean time if we so wished.
So talked the Fella. He's not up for spending money for something that hasn't worked 4 times already. Fair enough. I tend to agree. I'm also tossing around the idea of applying for a new job so was / am ok with waiting until early next year at this point. As he pointed out then I'll get another full year of work in etc etc. BUT have to have 'that' conversation with potential employer before applying for the job.

Fast foward to this morning. I miss a call from FS place. It was regarding a review appt that she's pencilled in for next time they're in my nearest city. Ok all good. I ring back and get talking to a different lady who really got me confused telling me that I'm booked in for my next day one. As in next month I'm to have IVF.

Say what now??

I'm convinced this isn't right and she's down right confused too so we decide to have original lady call me back, she's in a meeting so will be tied up for a bit. Ok cool. So then ANOTHER person calls later on as first lady is in meeting still. She's a bit more clued on. Between use we relay various pieces of information we have been told. And guess what? She also tells me that next cycle I am booked in for IVF.

W....T.....F????

I ask why. How can this be so easy after years and months of waiting and now finally its falling into place. How can it be that easy? Apparently because I've had 4 funded iui's with a donor that's part of the wait or something. I wasn't about to question it too much. I did say that if this wasn't the case and it was an error they were to call me asap and let me know.
Otherwise I have an appt to do the plan on October 15th which happens to be day 1!!!

The poor old Fella was a bit stunned. He's the kind of dude that needs time to get his head around these things. Just think back to the iui in March where he had a meltdown then was fine for all the others. This will be the same (sort of). It'll be ok.

The funniest thing about this all is that last night after talking with the specialist the Fella and I had this big discussion about what to do in terms of my work situation. I'm pretty much over where I work. Over the same shite diff day, same narrowminded people etc etc. So when a week ago my friend who is a principal at a nearby school who I want to work with told me she has a job coming up for next year I was pretty darn stoked. I brushed up my CV and all that in preparation for when the job is advertised. Anyway last night he and I had this big chat about how I would apply for this job, be up front before applying that IVF is in my future, talked about the fact it is 30mins longer driving from the blood test place etc. And inspite of all the cons we decided that if it made me happy to move work then do it and IVF early next year would mean another whole year working so that's a bonus.
Then I get today's call.

The first thing the Fella said when I told him tonight was that I couldn't apply for that new job! Such the thinker is he. And he's right. So now I'm in this wee dilemma where I REALLY need to get out of my current school but how can I go for another job knowing that it is highly likely (ok tone that down...there is a chance) that I will be on maternity leave in July???

Ok no more over thinking things. We could bandy around all kinds of scenarios however they will not help. What will help is starting on the e.levit! Eep I've not taken that since that last iui....and then there's cutting out booze too. Wowsers so much to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is really quick! I really hope IVF works first go for you (I will keep everything crossed for you) xx

    ReplyDelete