Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Another TWW

Treatment number 4 yesterday. It was at 2pm and only a few hours later I got that ovary feeling so it was good timing.

Not that I have any expectations that it will work. The nurse's suggestion of what to do afterwards made me laugh. She said go for a brisk walk to get the blood moving and have some sex to get the blood flow to the uterus. I went of walk and did circuit last night. But the sex part was a no go. The Fella just wasn't into that. Think he probably feels a bit funny about it after an insem. I wasn't about to push the issue either.
I had a hot water bottle warming me last night too which apparently is supposed to help.

The nurse said in reality a normal couple would have sex and go about their daily lives until hello no period I'm pregnant so it should be the same in our case.

I always held that belief but it was nice to have it backed up.

Now we wait. I only have to have the pregnancy test in two weeks. No progesterone test thank goodness. And if it all goes pear shape (when it goes pear shape) they'll review our situation and its likely onto funded IVF which I guess there'll be a wait for (ho hum). I'm not thinking about that part right now though.

Moving on.

So the Fella informs me the other night that friends of ours that offered to be a donor, who have three children the youngest of which has just turned 1 are pregnant again. Baby number 4. Unplanned. Like they'd just made the decision to stop at three and he was getting the snip. And now they're having another. One time shagging in months he reckons. Good grief give me strength! You'd think they'd taken precautions wouldn't ya if they didn't want another child! I have no sympathy for them. They're only 5wks so it could go any way really at this stage but they're pretty fertile obviously so I guess it will happen.

All you can do is laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment