Tuesday, 8 July 2014

It's over

Fridays spotting came to nothing. Just a bit of funny stuff when I wiped so yesterday saw me at the hospital to clear myself of restrained products. 

What a fucking epic mission of a day. 

If I had known I may have not bothered. 

I arrive 10:30am as requested at the early pregnancy unit expecting them to sort me out for the procedure then bobs your uncle have it done and go home. 
Wrong ,wrong, wrong!!!! 

Yes we can put you on the list but we're very busy and you may get bumped off or it may be this evening and you'll be staying over. 
Seriously. 

So after two hrs at the clinic they took me off upstairs to the day unit. I waited there for 6 hrs staring into space. Contemplating how unfair my life was at the present moment and shedding some tears. As well as being insanely hungry. 
I was alone as sent the fella off to do a few jobs and wait for me. Thinking it'd only be a few hrs. Thankfully he was visiting friends but did say he didn't need to be there as would've lost his rag with the waiting. 

What was most frustrating was not knowing if I was staying over or going home. And the fact no one seemed to know what the fuck was going on. Don't get me wrong the nurses were very kind and compassionate just it was chaotic to say the least. 

Then finally it came time. And the fucking consult made me feel like I was stupid for coming in. Because he was pissed that downstairs had booked me in and made me wait so long. It wasn't a nice feeling. Thankfully the actual job was done quickly and before I knew it was in recovery feeling ok. A little crampy but ok. A little gushy down below but ok.

Then they took me to the surgical ward since it was so late to fully recover. And the fella picked me up about 8pm. A full 12 hrs after we left home. Gah. 

And as a final blow the place was just going to let me walk out with know aftercare instructions. Such as what was normal bleeding, what could I do and not do. Maybe I should've asked these questions earlier but fuck I was bloody overwhelmed to say the least with what was going on. 

All I can say now is thank fuck it's over and here's to moving on! 

Today I feel physically ok. Few to no cramps and low level bleeding. Not liking pads at all. But that's life. Have rung the fertility clinic to ask about aftercare as I feel a bit in the dark from the hospital. They've said no heavy lifting for two wks?? No sport for two weeks? Originally my understanding was a couple days and back to normal, aside from sex and tampons. So now I'm confused. 

Anywho I best get up, shower and get on with keeping warm - it's freezing here!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi hon.
    The reason for the physical restriction for two weeks is to keep you from triggering heavy bleeding. Listen to the clinic on that end.
    Other than that -
    Expect the major cramping to set in probably in a day or two. That's also when the heavier bleeding will probably happen. It's your uterus shrinking, and it's the shittiest part, but will pass within about 24 hours. Arm yourself with painkillers and some compresses.
    If you bleed through a pad in less than two hours go to the ER.
    If you have a fever or feel faint - go to the ER.
    The hardest part is almost over. You'll be ok.
    Hugs hugs hugs.

    ReplyDelete