Saturday, 7 December 2013

Cd1 before THE Cd1

Totally out of the blue, ok kinda of out of the blue, AF turned up last night while I was out at a wedding. Normally this would piss me off but I was pretty excited to have it come early! I didn't expect it till Monday so to start in full force last night was a little bit of a surprise considering I got no pre-warning in the form of cramps or anything like that.

The beauty of it turning up early was that it will hopefully bring the next cycle forward and the next cycle is the IVF cycle!! Weeeee excited much?

Frightened much?

Terrified much?

I rang the nurse at the clinic so I can collect my drugs to start on day two of my next cycle. With the xmas and new year break in amongst the end of this current cycle I have to pick the first week of drugs up this week and just keep them in the fridge until required. So I'm down to do that on Wednesday.

Like I said I'm pretty freaked out now that it's coming up so fast. Previously I was in a bit of a state of ignorance and self-assurance that this is what we'll need and it'll work first pop and there's no reason for it not to. Then the girls on my forum all starting having theirs this month. Like three of them. One ended in a chemical pregnancy. Two are just starting their tww. The first one got no frozen, the next only got 5 and not many were viable, the third got 8 and at least one frozen from those. I'm hoping I'm like her. My protocol is different in that I don't have to do the pill thing I just start injections and go from there. I don't have anything else wrong with me and our only issue is no sperm. We all have very different stories. But I still look at them and think far out! What will happen to me? THEN I watched this documentary about this fertility clinic where they followed 4 couples through their IVF and only ONE got a take home baby. Made me sad. I realise that's statistics at play, and they were older couples etc but still sucks to see.

I really need positive stories to keep me going right now.

With the completion of the wedding comes the completion of my drinking for the near future. That sounds terrible! What I mean is now I'm completely focussed on preparation for ivf. I've ordered more supplements and I've worked hard for the last few months to get my body in shape. I reached my goal of losing 6kgs by the wedding. I came in bang on target one day before the wedding! I'm so proud of myself! And I'm motivated to keep going.

I've managed to keep up the running - twice a week along with circuit once a week. There's also gardening and mowing lawns in there for good measure. I'm hoping that now school is finished for the summer (for our school) I can get at least one more run in per week. I'm stoked that it's also getting easier (most of the time). I love that I can notice a change in my body too. The dress I wore yesterday was one I wore in France to the wedding I went to and I totally noticed it fitted better! My arms are looking more defined too.

So yeah things are looking pretty good at the moment. Will try and blog a bit more now I've got time.

Best go cook tea lol.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck for everything! IVF the first time is bloody nerve wracking as you just don't know how it all works. My advice to you is to just go with the flow and don't let the 'randomness' of it stress you out. Forget what you've read and leave the stress to the Dr's. Also, in my experience, in NZ they go for quality over quantity, so where you may read blogs and that person had 10, 15, 20 eggs, in NZ I think they try to keep the numbers lowish (I think I had 5 the 1st time, and 7 the 2nd time - memory is shot! - bearing in mind I'm older too) to reduce the risk of OHSS. Again, best of luck! And congrats on your fitness :)

    ReplyDelete