Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Between Drinks

Too long between drinks.

The anniversary came and went. The weeks leading up were harder than the day. It's always the way. On her birthday I flew to Sydney with my mum and aunty. We spent the weekend there for a cousin's 21st.
It was a nice distraction.
Next year I'm going to be brave enough to make more of a song and dance about it. I think I'll feel ok to go for it.

What else to tell?

Well DH has been on a bit of journey. Had another melt down which then resulted in him finally admitting he's been depressed. He's often mentioned how he's been down that track in the past but I guess the whole time I've been with him it's not been as bad as this. I say that because he actually made some changes to try deal with it. It was great to have an open conversation about it, initiated by him.
That was back in April. He's been pretty good since. Especially since he found a new project - leasing 1000 acres of land to farm cattle. I've never seen him so enthused about anything. He's been buzzing about it all. I was a bit dubious as I felt he didn't need the stress right now and considering we'd just paid our house off I was kind of hoping to spend a bit of time travelling or at least being freer to do things. He, however, obviously saw that time as an empty hole which resulted in his depressive episode. So here we are. With another large loan and 1000 acres to farm.

Think I'll just go ahead and foster children since we're not travelling now. No point putting it off any longer. Just got to broach that subject with him lol. It would be good to get the training done this year then look at it next year. I'm currently back in the principal's seat so kind of tied to that until the end of the year.

And what else? Well we completely renovated our bathroom (didn't help DH's stress levels) and it's beautiful. Also did our laundry. Had a major hassle with the builder being a dick and having to find a new one but thankfully that's all in the past now. Next is gib stopping our walls (dry walling for those not in NZ) then painting. Then kitchen once I've saved some money.

Well that's about it. Best go look at my reading list - never know who's posted recently that I've missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment